Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
marurun

Re: Games in our heads that will probably never get made.

by marurun Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:40 am

There's a difference between the wide-eyed enthusiasm of youth and this particular example, at least in my opinion. Though I admit, as we age we tend to retain that enthusiasm only for our nostalgic interests.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
optmusprimenumber
Next-Gen

by optmusprimenumber Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:52 pm

I've always had game ideas kicking around my head since about middle school. Used to draw weapons and write up plots... mostly the first few ideas i had were fps's.. ok ideas for a kid. I have the greatest idea ever that i came up with like 9 years ago, with cool enemies drawn out, and a lot of cool ideas collected from favorite games. Might try one day to make a 2d conception of it on gamemaker, maybe. some day.

Any who.. my actual submission to this convo is basically a weapon based 3d fighting game like soul calibur, but gory like mortal kombat.. gritty shit.. a game that almost takes itself too seriously. No hammy shit. And it may or may not feature combatants that are all ninjas (not like naruto games). It could be cool.
MrEco
Next-Gen

by MrEco Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:57 pm

One time around a decade ago I was at my grandmothers house and she asked me to move some stuff out from under her porch. It was mostly a lot of yard tools. There was also an axe and some chopped up firewood that had been forgotten and left to rot. Ever since then I've had some loose idea for a game about exploring an abandoned house and finishing chores left behind. I'm currently at a point where I barely have time for even normal hobbies so the idea of learning to use a game engine properly seems like a far off dream, but one I still hold on to somewhat. I've dabbled in Unity but never committed the time to really learn the engine.

To this day the most solid form of the idea I've come up with is this. A game called Unfinished. A puzzle/exploration game taking place in an old house and its surrounding land. A home where an elderly person use to live, until they passed in their sleep one night. But now their spirit still lingers, unable to find peace as long as their home is still in such a poor state. So the player goes around finishing chores like stacking up fire wood, clearing cobwebs out of a barn, fixing a leaky pipe, etc. As well as finding missing objects that had sentimental value to the spirit.
I feel old when talking to anyone my age yet too inexperienced to effectively talk to anyone older. Life is grand that way.

My twitter handle is @EckoExplores
marurun

by marurun Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:41 pm

That kind of unfinished business spooky mystery could actually do really well these days implemented properly. Would it be more of a walking sim / story game, or would the chores be more puzzle-y, in your mind?
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
MrEco
Next-Gen

by MrEco Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:42 am

I was definitely imagining most of them working out like simple puzzles. Nothing too extreme, always with the goal of keeping the game immersive. Sometimes it might be as simple as having to find a missing tool to do a certain job. Sometimes you have to repair something and it get's more involved. But always grounded in reality, no moon logic item combinations or eccentric puzzle boxes.
I feel old when talking to anyone my age yet too inexperienced to effectively talk to anyone older. Life is grand that way.

My twitter handle is @EckoExplores
Forlorn Drifter
Next-Gen

by Forlorn Drifter Fri Mar 06, 2020 5:25 pm

I’ve been thinking of it lately- a Hyborian Age game, possibly where you are playing as Conan, but possibly a Creat-a-character deal. It would have gameplay similar to Yakuza or the 3D Splatterhouse games, with multiple smaller open areas Monster Hunter style. Leveling up only unlocks new moves, similar to Yakuza. And then you just do Conan stuff- fighting, stealing, pirating, mercenary work. Would include a bunch of lore from all of the Conan stuff, and uses/references characters from the stories. Heck, maybe even straight up use some of the stories. I don’t know how you’d make a Tower of the Elephant level, but it’d still be kick ass.
ninjainspandex wrote:Maybe I'm just a pervert

PSN: Green-Whiskey
Owned Consoles: GameCube, N64, PS3, PS4, GBASP
opa
128-bit

by opa Mon Jul 04, 2022 6:42 pm

Here's how we revive the Plastic Guitar genre: Picker at the Crossroads.

You play as a down-on-your luck guitarist looking for your next gig. Without even enough change to ride the bus to the next town, you sit at the crossroads with your thumb in the air.

A man in a red sports car pulls up and offers you a ride. Before he let's you in he challenges you to a guitar dual! You win and he gives you the finest Gibson ever made (never goes out of tune, made of gold, etc). He wins and your soul is his.

Yes, we need a devil went down to Georgia game filled with classic rock and country songs that don't suck.
Anapan
Next-Gen

by Anapan Tue Jul 05, 2022 11:30 am

I'm not home yet, so I can't actually try it, but Empires of the Undergrowth is actually the Simant RTS I always wanted.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
REPO Man
Next-Gen

by REPO Man Fri Sep 09, 2022 7:02 pm

I'd personally love to see Wayforward do a Shantae-like take on Jem and the Holograms. I already have a decent plot idea. Set during the tail end of season two, Techrat makes a device to digitize solid matter, a la Tron. The titular Holograms and their rivals The Misfits (not THOSE Misfits) into a video game world where you start off as Jem and have to save Kimber, Shana, Aja and Raya, each trapped by a different Misfits member in a game world themed after who runs it. Saving each Holograms member lets you switch to them to unlock secrets and progress. Admittedly it sounds not unlike the Bucky O'Hare game for the NES.

I'd also love to see a Steven Universe DMC-style game and a Dynasty Warriors style game set during the Gem War.
REPO Man
Next-Gen

by REPO Man Sun Sep 11, 2022 3:08 pm

Also, I'd fuck HARD with a fully realized version of my concept for an Are You Afraid of the Dark asymmetrical multi-player game.

TL;DR think Dead By Daylight for the Rated E10 crowd.
Return to General Gaming