Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
marurun

Re: Games in our heads that will probably never get made.

by marurun Sun Dec 15, 2019 6:31 pm

Yeah, this character sounds like a teenage wet dream, and not at all poorly represented in games.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
pook99
128-bit

by pook99 Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:16 pm

I am way too unoriginal to think of game ideas, the only game in my head that probably will never get made is a new punch out for switch, but it is at least not impossible. I would like to see them do another game, similar to punch out 2009 but with a roster that looks something like this:

1) gabby Jay
2) piston hurricane
3) Masked Muscle
4) He ke kagore (I know I butchered that spelling)
5) Dragon Chan
6) Pizza Pasta
7) bob charlie
8) Mad clown
9) Mask X (who, when you knock his mask off is revealed to be bald bull)
10) Narcis Prince
11) Hoy Quarloe
12) Rick Bruiser
13) Nick Bruiser

Dream Fight: Mike Tyson
Bonus Fight: Mario or Bowser

Structured just like the wii punch out, but with all new boxers, complete with a title defense mode where everyone is ratcheted up to 1000 in difficulty.
Dikdikvandik
32-bit

by Dikdikvandik Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:18 am

marurun wrote:Yeah, this character sounds like a teenage wet dream, and not at all poorly represented in games.

And she's a psychiatrist.

I don't think a psychiatrist is the subject of many teenage wet dreams.

pook99 wrote:I am way too unoriginal to think of game ideas, the only game in my head that probably will never get made is a new punch out for switch, but it is at least not impossible. I would like to see them do another game, similar to punch out 2009 but with a roster that looks something like this:

1) gabby Jay
2) piston hurricane
3) Masked Muscle
4) He ke kagore (I know I butchered that spelling)
5) Dragon Chan
6) Pizza Pasta
7) bob charlie
8) Mad clown
9) Mask X (who, when you knock his mask off is revealed to be bald bull)
10) Narcis Prince
11) Hoy Quarloe
12) Rick Bruiser
13) Nick Bruiser

Dream Fight: Mike Tyson
Bonus Fight: Mario or Bowser

Structured just like the wii punch out, but with all new boxers, complete with a title defense mode where everyone is ratcheted up to 1000 in difficulty.

I used to literally dream Street Fighter Sequels with shockingly weird accuracy. The only thing thta hasn't been implimented was the Guilty Gear like shield.

I'd like to see a Punch out with not only every character there ever was, but the ability to play as other boxers. I have a blast playing all the Punch out games. The other day I was playing Super Punch out since it was just on Switch online.
nightrnr
Next-Gen

by nightrnr Mon Dec 16, 2019 4:56 am

Let's dream then:

Cereal Killers: General Mills vs. Kellogs (+others)
-It would basically be Smash Bros with cereal mascots. It would amuse me to no end. Bonus if they add bloody finishes to fit the title.

Another Zelda Metroidvania. I really like Zelda II; a modern 2d game in the same vein would be most welcome (with more magic options).

A randomized classic Final Fantasy game that has you choose any class combination at the outset. (classes would generally learn skills/magic as they level up, but each character is bound to that class for the whole game.
I just miss the magic of my FF1 playthroughs.

Cyber Empires (DOS/PC game), but with more than one map. Maybe let's you customize robot building for better cost and options.

Classic space shmup that builds levels to your own music tracks/mp3's.

That's all I have for now.

Punch-out that let's you use the other boxers does sound fun. I second that.
...just another lost soul...
marurun

by marurun Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:02 am

Dikdikvandik wrote:
marurun wrote:Yeah, this character sounds like a teenage wet dream, and not at all poorly represented in games.

And she's a psychiatrist.

I don't think a psychiatrist is the subject of many teenage wet dreams.

Harley Quinn

You’re welcome.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Dikdikvandik
32-bit

by Dikdikvandik Mon Dec 16, 2019 2:30 pm

Seriously puddin?

Harley was an Intern Psychologist

My character is a Psychiatrist meaning she's a doctor and went to medical school and holds two doctorates. Her IQ is 170. How does any of that equate to typical Video game babe?
Last edited by Dikdikvandik on Mon Dec 16, 2019 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MrPopo

by MrPopo Mon Dec 16, 2019 2:42 pm

Dikdikvandik wrote:Seriously puddin?

Harley was an Intern Psychologist

My character is a Psychiatrist meaning she's a doctor and went to medical school and holds two doctorates.

How would your character diagnose how pedantic you're getting?
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Dikdikvandik
32-bit

by Dikdikvandik Mon Dec 16, 2019 2:47 pm

Fine I'll leave I'm sure there is some community out there not full of blubbering yeah but man children.
marurun

by marurun Mon Dec 16, 2019 3:05 pm

Dikdikvandik wrote:Fine I'll leave I'm sure there is some community out there not full of blubbering yeah but man children.

You are correct, that is what DC says she is. Though I should say, you have to have a PhD to be a psychologist, too (Ask JT). Further, in the comics, she dabbled in pharmacology at times, which is something psychologists aren't trained or allowed to do, which suggests DC themselves don't really fully appreciate the difference between the two. And I am going to guess that the difference between the two plays zero role for your imaginary character in your imaginary game. Hot chick who is also really smart and who is snarky and irreverent is basically a complete and total trope, regardless of the actual details.

Just accept that your teen self was generating something that appealed to your teen self, and that you have now (hopefully) grown as a human being and can acknowledge that your teen self was likely pretty cringe-worthy in some regards, like many of our teenage selves, myself included.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Steam Profile
nightrnr
Next-Gen

by nightrnr Tue Dec 17, 2019 1:35 am

And yet, here we all are, trying out darndest to hold into to the magic of our youth (or maybe I missed the point when I joined?).

I say keep that vision, even if others don't share it.
Does anyone really grow up anyway?
...just another lost soul...
Return to General Gaming