Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
marurun

Re: Games in our heads that will probably never get made.

by marurun Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:35 am

Because our ideas are in our heads and we decided not to pursue game development?
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
opa
128-bit

by opa Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:21 pm

I want an action-rpg Joust adventure. You get a small javelin throw attack along with the regular bounce. You level up, get different different ostriches as you progress, and you fight a dark buzzard demon-lord in the heart of a volcano at the end.

While I'm dreaming the music comes from a C64.
marurun

by marurun Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:23 pm

opa wrote:I want an action-rpg Joust adventure. You get a small javelin throw attack along with the regular bounce. You level up, get different different ostriches as you progress, and you fight a dark buzzard demon-lord in the heart of a volcano at the end.

While I'm dreaming the music comes from a C64.

You had me until the very end.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
pierrot
Next-Gen

by pierrot Sat Dec 14, 2019 12:45 am

:lol: Yeah, same. I was thinking about all the upgrades to the javelin that could take place, and then did a double take on the part about C64 music.
Dikdikvandik
32-bit

by Dikdikvandik Sat Dec 14, 2019 2:18 am

C64 music was fire though. But if he really wants to take it to the next level...

ZX Spectrum music.
Anapan
Next-Gen

by Anapan Sat Dec 14, 2019 4:22 am

I had ideas and pursued game development, but wasn't technically proficient or socially proficient enough to understand online gameplay in the early 2000's could not work without server hubs, and without funding and hardware support a 2D MMORPG wasn't actually possible. CLAW did it, but my idea needed less lag.

My game idea got made... badly Castlevania: Harmony of Despair

I also had envisioned an aerial combat game where you are a bug - you start out as a fruit fly, and progress to predator with boss battles involving animals and eventually people. Imagine bullet time but used to avoid swat by cow tails and hands. Endurance missions carrying food while overburdened with restricted movement but you choose the burden before the challenge starts (gambling for upgrade points). Visualizing air currents via color and particle system movement was going to feature heavily.
It fascinates me how bugs see and maneuver through air more as fluidic and actually swim through it more than glide or fly. Given that many controllers can read tilt data, the idea was that everything is done in slow motion and involves all of the controls available - not so much twitch as properly anticipating and responding to incoming obstacles. Levels are gauntlet-like less tubes as restricted by obstacles into predetermined tight spaces - open areas are viewable, but not part of the course so no accessible. Just like racing game increase turning and stability etc, upgrades via food collection missions would increase responsiveness.
When the maneuvers are complete in the stage the camera pans back and you get to see the stage from the person or animal involved with a cinematic camera view.
Free-fly through the rooms would include extra fans, the lights would be turned off and bats would have their sonar visible. The fluidic space view would be psychedelic in this mode only due to the black background and visibility of the bat's sonar reflecting off obstacles.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Dikdikvandik
32-bit

by Dikdikvandik Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:17 pm

The closest to my ideas that actually got made was No More Heroes and Killer is Dead. Gameplay wise, 3d Ninja Gaiden.

Character wise there isn't a video game equelevant of any of my characters. How many hot ass unPC female Martial Artist otaku Pro wrestler Psychiatrists are there in fiction? None that I know of....
marurun

by marurun Sun Dec 15, 2019 12:05 am

If you just remove those last couple conditions, there are otherwise way too many hot “unPC” woman characters in fighting games.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Steam Profile
Dikdikvandik
32-bit

by Dikdikvandik Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:13 am

I'd almost describe her as Senran Kagura's Katsuagi if she was an Alcoholic and called everyone regardless of beliefs out on their bullshit. So she's not even close to the typical video game Mary Sue. She has issues. Her appearance isn't what makes her unPC, it's her personality. She actually has one.
Sload Soap
Next-Gen

by Sload Soap Sun Dec 15, 2019 6:17 pm

Dikdikvandik wrote:I'd almost describe her as Senran Kagura's Katsuagi if she was an Alcoholic and called everyone regardless of beliefs out on their bullshit. So she's not even close to the typical video game Mary Sue. She has issues. Her appearance isn't what makes her unPC, it's her personality. She actually has one.

Sounds like Baiken from Guilty Gear.
Return to General Gaming