Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Dikdikvandik
32-bit

Games in our heads that will probably never get made.

by Dikdikvandik Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:11 pm

So my last thread...threads got a weeeee bit contentious. Figured I'd bring something that couldn't possibly get contentious...

I've been playing video games most of my life since before I could form memories and you better believe I've come up with a few game ideas. Here are few of them.

Fatal Bust- Fighting games don't have wardrobe malfunctions...this game would have. It would have been a cross between DOA and Variable Geo. All Girl fighter too. It's a game 21 year old me wanted but not so much 38 year old me.

Hack n slash game ala Bayonetta/Ninja Gaiden Under many names.- this has been in my head since the XBOX Ninja Gaiden. Originally the protagonist was a generic Ninja who wasn't unlike Deadpool in his 4th wall breaking and humor, just alot more dead pan with his delivery. More recently the idea has evolved to star A pair of Haifu (Japanese/Irish) twins Akira, a Psychiatrist who speaks with an Irish Cork Accent and her twin Brother Akemi, who has an educational doctorate and speaks with a weird gravely southern drawl. I can't describe everything, just that I want them to be in the most utterly batshit insane game ever made like a Suda 51 game on amphetamines crossed with Ninja Gaiden. With Akira being a Psychiatrist there could be a therapy mini game. The twins combat style would be based around Kukishin-ryū.

A Magical girl homage to Jet Set Radio- It's Jet Set Radio, with Magical girls. It takes place in the same universe as the Hack n slash game starring Akemi's teenage daughter and her friends.

The 4th game is another fighting game set in the same universe as the two games above with some sort of grappling mechanic to set it apart from every other fighting game to have ever been made.

How about you guys? What unmade cult classics are floating around in your heads?
pierrot
Next-Gen

Re: Games in our heads that will probably never get made.

by pierrot Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:39 pm

Dikdikvandik wrote:Fatal Bust- Got the idea seeing Christie in Tekken 4 for the first time. All girl fighter with Wardrobe malfunctions.

Isn't that just Senran Kagura, though?

Dikdikvandik wrote:Haifu (Japanese/Irish)

Is that a portmanteau of 'half' and 'waifu'?

Dikdikvandik wrote:A Magical girl homage to Jet Set Radio- It's Jet Set Radio, with Magical girls. It takes place in the same universe as the Hack n slash game starring Akemi's teenage daughter and her friends.

That actually sounds like something I might play.
Dikdikvandik
32-bit

by Dikdikvandik Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:53 am

Isn't that just Senran Kagura, though?

Different Genre and I came up with it a good decade before. Think more DOA but sexier

Is that a portmanteau of 'half' and 'waifu'?
Literally just Half I spelled it wrong

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/H%C4%81 ... udal_Japan
pierrot
Next-Gen

by pierrot Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:29 am

Dikdikvandik wrote:Think more DOA but sexier

So, DoA Extreme Beach Volleyball?
Dikdikvandik
32-bit

by Dikdikvandik Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:40 am

It's still a Fighting game.

Shall we kick ideas around for magical girl JSR?
marurun

by marurun Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:52 am

Some of the SNK fighters had wardrobe malfunctions. If you finished some of the female characters with a special move their clothes would reveal their undergarments, or they'd have to hold their remaining rags together. Truly a bad-taste move on SNK's part.

Right after Street Fighter 2 came out a friend and I drew up detailed plans for a weapons-based fighter. We had all the more Western stereotypes: a quarterstaff fighter, Robin Hood-type bowman, sword and shield knight. We had ideas about how they would clash weapons and be able to drop their weapons. And then Samurai Shodown came out a few years later and wasn't exactly what we had in mind but was awesome in its own right.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Ack

by Ack Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:53 am

Also, Rapelay is a thing. Not a good thing, but a thing...

And who could forget Bikini Karate Babes?
Dikdikvandik
32-bit

by Dikdikvandik Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:09 am

Ack wrote:Also, Rapelay is a thing. Not a good thing, but a thing...

And who could forget Bikini Karate Babes?

I Purposely avoided using Battle Raper as an example. It would be close to that but you know, less rapey. WAY LESS RAPEY. But I did have the idea for the final boss to be a tentacle monster for laughs.

It wouldn't be unlike a 3d Variable Geo just, less wrong in it's connotations. The VG connotations are just WRONG.....

marurun wrote:Some of the SNK fighters had wardrobe malfunctions. If you finished some of the female characters with a special move their clothes would reveal their undergarments, or they'd have to hold their remaining rags together. Truly a bad-taste move on SNK's part.

Right after Street Fighter 2 came out a friend and I drew up detailed plans for a weapons-based fighter. We had all the more Western stereotypes: a quarterstaff fighter, Robin Hood-type bowman, sword and shield knight. We had ideas about how they would clash weapons and be able to drop their weapons. And then Samurai Shodown came out a few years later and wasn't exactly what we had in mind but was awesome in its own right.

How does Mai stay in her outfit? She using heavy tape or something? Mai's lady parts should be popping out all over the place with the way she flys around the screen.

I think there's still a place for your fighting game idea. How grandose would be? Small Eshop indie, or AAA Evo main stage fighter.
Last edited by Dikdikvandik on Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
marurun

by marurun Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:14 am

I had totally forgotten Bikini Karate Babes. Please don't remind me again. Hopefully I'll have forgotten it again by lunch.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Dikdikvandik
32-bit

by Dikdikvandik Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:16 am

The less said about it the better...But it had a sequel, WHY?

and why does that game get made and none of our ideas?
Return to General Gaming