List of Retro Controllers Currently on the Market

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Jmustang1968
Next-Gen

Re: List of Retro Controllers Currently on the Market

Post by Jmustang1968 »

I did not like the 2.4 8bitdo Gen controllers. Had bad interference and lag. The bluetooth works great for me though.
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

I realized that Retro Fighter's Brawler 64 has a new 2.0 version released. The description states "new digital Z button" which I had to assume means it fixes the major z button problem (fake analog) but I couldn't actually confirm that anywhere. But indeed, that's what it is. So they fixed the one major complaint I had with this controller. Now I can rapid fire in Goldeneye, and DO A BARREL ROLL in Star Fox 64!

The joystick is still not perfect, but seems mostly OK from the limited testing I've done with it. There seems to be a bit of a dead zone, which feels kind of awkward at first (it's going against 25 years of muscle memory for these games) but I think you can get use to it.

After I've had time to use it some more, I'll write up some more organized thoughts and and it to the first post.
Note
Next-Gen

Post by Note »

Didn't realize they released a 2.0 version of their controller. I got one as a gift last year, and my main problem with it was that the slot on the back of the controller was slightly too small to actually fit a Controller Pak memory card device or a Rumble Pak. After looking up reviews online about the specific color model I got, it seemed like this was a known issue. That was pretty disappointing IMO, so I haven't used it much, but I might try to reach out to the company to see if I could get it replaced.

Look forward to hearing your thoughts on the newer version, Ziggy.