Random Gaming Thoughts

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Ziggy

Re: Random Gaming Thoughts

Post by Ziggy »

Put an Irwin Quick Grip on it, they have pretty soft pads on them that wont mar the plastic. Then you can get better leverage to pull it out without having to open up the controller.

RCBH928
Next-Gen

Post by RCBH928 »

This is probably a common opinion here, but I like games in smaller worlds/levels like Doom and Jet Set Radio than sandbox/open world games like Skyrim.

Smaller areas are more fun to explore and gets you to the action quicker. Open worlds have a lot of travel distance and is overwhelming. Its cool if you have 1 game to immerse yourself in, but since it's the standard now you have to learn and travel every world map for each game. Kills the fun.

Also with smaller areas, developers perfect the level map because its small enough to concentrate on.
Note
Next-Gen

Post by Note »

MrPopo wrote:Tie a string to it and slam a door shut like a tooth?

Ziggy587 wrote:Put an Irwin Quick Grip on it, they have pretty soft pads on them that wont mar the plastic. Then you can get better leverage to pull it out without having to open up the controller.

Appreciate the suggestions! I was ready to make a trip to the hardware store to either get the smaller screwdrivers to take apart the controller or the Quick Grip tool Ziggy mentioned, but after multiple attempts to pull it out the VMU finally came out of the controller about a week later, so weird. Wondering if the heat and humidity had anything to do with it -- maybe it somehow affected the plastic? Seems unlikely but I really have no explanation as to how it got stuck like that. So glad it finally came out without having to take apart the controller.
RCBH928
Next-Gen

Post by RCBH928 »

I am using 8Bitdo+RetroArch on MacOS to play PSX games using DS3 controller. The DS3 seems like it only charges connected to a PS3 and each time I charge it I have to re-PAIR it with the 8BitDo BT USB via dedicated software. Any Ideas?

I am kind of stingy on paying a $80 for PS4 controller just for this(Which I think is a ridiclous price any way) plus I am probably buying Xbox SX controller for PC games. I am not even sure if DS4 work out of the box on MacOS Mojave (10.14)
Anapan
Next-Gen

Post by Anapan »

cechza1 charges and maintains 2 controllers through miniUSB cables.
I had to buy two of them so none of my controller batteries went foul.
https://www.amazon.com/PS3-AC-Adaptor-P ... B001KYV9AK
Never found another solution, but after years plugged in constantly, even my first ever Sixaxis controller's battery has original longevity. I wish I had payed anywhere near that price but I had to import from Japan...
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

Post by SamuraiMegas »

I'm like halfway through Symphony of the night, I'm playing the PS1 version on my PC with an Xbox one controller. I really like the dash back button, I play melee so it feels like I have a wavedash button. I just back dash everywhere constantly now
Hobie-wan wrote:Milk the banana for all it's worth.

My BST Thread
RCBH928
Next-Gen

Post by RCBH928 »

Anapan wrote:cechza1 charges and maintains 2 controllers through miniUSB cables.
I had to buy two of them so none of my controller batteries went foul.
https://www.amazon.com/PS3-AC-Adaptor-P ... B001KYV9AK
Never found another solution, but after years plugged in constantly, even my first ever Sixaxis controller's battery has original longevity. I wish I had payed anywhere near that price but I had to import from Japan...

Its not worth it, might as well just wait until I get a PS5 which comes with the controller. Waiting for a slimmer version though, this one is too huge. Not sure if one is coming up, I just believe the historical trend will continue.
RCBH928
Next-Gen

Post by RCBH928 »

Hocus Pocus Doom Mod

The gaming community never cease to amaze me. Hocus Pocus is not even a popular title AFAIK
Anapan
Next-Gen

Post by Anapan »

Wow! That's awesome! I was always amazed at the graphics in that game - I ended up stealing and modifying a bunch for my first homebrew games. Music was pretty well made too.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
PretentiousHipster
Next-Gen

Post by PretentiousHipster »

I was planning on doing a doom mod series but my original doom video did horrible in terms of views. One mod I REALLY enjoyed was The Adventures of Square