Random Gaming Thoughts

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
PretentiousHipster
Next-Gen

Re: Random Gaming Thoughts

Post by PretentiousHipster »

PretentiousHipster wrote:Seems like people are starting to notice something, off, about Take-Two Interactive.

A while back they have filed a DMCA takedown notice on Github for various reverse engineered versions of 2 GTA games. I have been told that it's tough to play on modern PCs, even on steam, so I assume that's one of the things they are doing. It's pretty much a patchwork as well, like widescreen and controller support, updated HUD, etc.

There was an update recently. It looks like Take-Two Interactive has now filed a lawsuit against them: https://twitter.com/videotech_/status/1 ... 9186306049

This might be the beginning of the end for them. I can see this starting a big shitstorm.

Someone did a hilarious response showing how the reactions are for most of these companies... they usually end up hiring the people that do this onto their future projects.

https://twitter.com/Arvydas_B/status/14 ... 3088005125

So... these remasters got removed because the company was making an official one.

What is the result? A complete mess

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2021/ ... e-remaster

I guess that shitstorm prediction might happen after all :P just in a different way than I expected.
Gucci
64-bit

Post by Gucci »

Yeah I saw some of the screenshots and footage of those games. I don’t understand how they could have fucked that up. Sure the games were ported over to Unreal 4 (I think) it the source material is 15 to 20 years old at this point.

Edit: from just the perspective of San Andreas, the best way to play that game now is the Xbox Originals 360 version. That was taken down when they released the mobile port which was also poorly received. The PC version was replaced on steam with the mobile port, even if you had the game prior. You had to disable auto updates for that game.
I own too many hoodies jackets hoodies and DS games and I’m not ashamed!
PretentiousHipster
Next-Gen

Post by PretentiousHipster »

GTA has now been pulled from the stores now for the PC version because the games launcher required has been offline for 15 hours.

https://www.ign.com/articles/gta-trilog ... ncher-down
Gunstar Green
Next-Gen

Post by Gunstar Green »

The fact that they didn't even bother to look at the AI upscaled textures to make sure everything was OK speaks volumes about the amount of effort they put into this remaster.

That is to say, none.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

Given they called it the "Grand Theft Auto Trilogy" without including GTA 1 or 2 tells you all you need to know.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Anapan
Next-Gen

Post by Anapan »

I've already bought all the "full android" smart watches with square or rectangular screens that could play games well (android phones that take a sim-card in watch form). The latest is ridiculously large and heavy but has a 640x480 screen *Scanlines* (they're not visible to m eyes)! Thought I was done buying them until technology improves because the latest and greatest are round.
I look up the specs - Android 10 (not 7.1 or 5 as they used to be). Internal storage 32-128gb internalized (smaller). Ram 4gb (not 1-3 as the others were). Still no deal - round is not capable of showing games properly.
I try a test in a graphics program - Draw a 400x400 square - the resolution of the new ones. Draw a circle inside it, then paste in a 320x240 screenshot of a SNES game. It fits perfectly.
How many hundreds of dollars am I gonna have to spend on watches I can't or won't wear?
Anyone want to help fund my addiction by buying a new Ticwris Max S at 1/2 price?
Save your money and get it for $15 next racketboy auction
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Limewater
Next-Gen

Post by Limewater »

Anapan wrote:How many hundreds of dollars am I gonna have to spend on watches I can't or won't wear?

Save your money and get started in a cool new hobby by buying a Vostok Amphibia instead.

Touchscreens are the best possible interface when you have absolutely no other options.
Systems: TI-99/4a, Commodore Vic-20, Atari 2600, NES, SMS, GB, Neo Geo MVS (Big Red 4-slot), Genesis, SNES, 3DO, PS1, N64, DC, PS2, GBA, GCN, NDSi, Wii
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

Post by SamuraiMegas »

I've thought about wearing a smart watch but I own two rolexes that I inherited and wear often. Never could convince myself to make the switch.
Hobie-wan wrote:Milk the banana for all it's worth.

My BST Thread
o.pwuaioc
Next-Gen

Post by o.pwuaioc »

SamuraiMegas wrote:I've thought about wearing a smart watch but I own two rolexes that I inherited and wear often. Never could convince myself to make the switch.

Alright guys, it's time to invade Samurai's walls. I hear there is not only copper, but also a secret stash of Rolexes. Let's get moving!
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

Post by SamuraiMegas »

I live in some shitty student apartments, you'll just find cock roaches and rats in the walls. The closet is where it's at.
Hobie-wan wrote:Milk the banana for all it's worth.

My BST Thread