What are you playing?

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Re: What are you playing?

Post by REPO Man »

Whenever I play my Switch, which lately is when I'm doing laundry, Metroid Dread, Picross S7 and Unidentified Falling Objects, which is obviously a spiritual successor to one of my fave Flash games from back in the day, Super Puzzle Platformer.
Raging Justice
Next-Gen

Post by Raging Justice »

I've been watching movies and watching wrestling a lot. So I haven't gamed for a while (except for trying that new AEW game back in July), but some recent releases have gotten my interest. Bomb Rush Cyberfunk, which is basically Jet Grind Radio, Shadow Gambit the Cursed Crew - the last stealth/RTS game from the now defunct studio Mimimi Games, Alice Escaped! - a new metroidvania, and Sea of Stars, an RPG from the makers of The Messenger. It's always interesting when creators don't stick to one genre, and The Messenger was excellent, and showed a real knack for story telling. I guess it's only natural their next game would be an rpg. So I've already purchased and jumped into Sea of Stars. It's been rather good so far.

Getting away from gaming for a little while has made me miss it, and I'm finding that I'm also more patient with what I'm playing. In the past, I would get easily frustrated by some games. Good to take a break from things sometimes and I've got a nice three day weekend to do some gaming. I'm gonna show my PS 5 some love, though I'll probably play Alice Escaped! on my Switch.

PretentiousHipster
Next-Gen

Post by PretentiousHipster »

The Malgrave Incident is a huge surprise. It's a wii hidden object game but I'm finding it to almost be a masterpiece. It's a hybrid of that and a myst clone, utilizing both logical and inventory-based puzzles (you find the inventory items by playing the hidden object games). The graphics are fantastic for the wii, and it has an incredible atmosphere. It actually reminds me a lot of Bioshock.
RobertAugustdeMeijer
24-bit

Post by RobertAugustdeMeijer »

PretentiousHipster wrote:The Malgrave Incident is a huge surprise. It's a wii hidden object game but I'm finding it to almost be a masterpiece. It's a hybrid of that and a myst clone, utilizing both logical and inventory-based puzzles (you find the inventory items by playing the hidden object games). The graphics are fantastic for the wii, and it has an incredible atmosphere. It actually reminds me a lot of Bioshock.

I'm checking this out! Thanks!
Syndicate
32-bit

Post by Syndicate »

...still doing the Forza weeklies, but mostly Vampire Survivors. I have no idea why I'm having such a good time with this one, I've been getting some couch co-op w/my kids. I've been meaning to get back to Skyrim or even start Starfield, but neither of those has happened just yet :lol:
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

Mostly Borderlands 3 (hit the level cap with Amara) and Immortals of Aveum (whose main character Jak is a total snacc).
Raging Justice
Next-Gen

Post by Raging Justice »

I've put about an hour or two into Chained Echoes. Wow, considering how often I've seen the two games compared I'm actually a bit surprised at how significantly better Chained Echoes is than Sea of Stars. Seriously, there is a massive gulf in quality between the two. They are not in the same league. The only area I'd say Sea of Stars wins out is in graphics. That's it. CE has better characters, combat, music, and it's just full of fun little surprises. Chained Echoes > Sea of Stars

REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

Fired up Night at the Gates of Hell for the Switch, but it's also on Playstation, Xbox and PC. Like all Puppet Combo games, it is a PS1-style horror game based on horror films from the '70s and '80s, in this case Italian zombie films such as the ones made by Lucio Fulci and Bruno Matei.
TheSSNintendo
128-bit

Post by TheSSNintendo »

Duke Nukem 3D: Megaton Edition on Steam, and Yoshi's Crafted World on Switch.
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

I actually played a bit of Yoshi's Crafted World today. But I guess I just wasn't in the mood for it, which is a shame because it's aesthetic is cute and cozy AF. But then again I was watching a piece of '80s drek while playing it. I also fooled around a bit in Assassin's Creed 4 and Shin Megami Tensei V.