Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Jrecee
Next-Gen

Re: What are you playing?

by Jrecee Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:02 pm

Raging Justice wrote:So after spending some time with Sonic Colors Ultimate I can safely say that for all the hate it gets, Sonic Forces is a significantly better game than this. I don't know why people say Colors is one of the better Sonic games. It is easily the most confusing, unintuitively designed platformer I have ever played. Sonic Forces has better designed stages and a better sound track. It also goes without saying that Generations is better than Colors, not that Generations is perfect. No modern Sonic game is. They all have moments where it feels like someone sucked out the brains from Sonic Team yet still allowed them to keep making video games as the drooling, zombie-like shells of their former selves that they are. Colors is really awful though, and I'd rate Generations and Forces higher

I played it on the Wii and agree. It's one of those games that throws a new mechanic or control type at you every 5 minutes, but they're always clunky and by the time you get them figured out you never end up doing it again. Not sure why Generations wasn't the game to get a re-release especially considering Sonic's 30th this year and everything.

I've been playing Hot Shots Racing.
VG_Addict
16-bit

by VG_Addict Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:15 am

Mega Man 4.

Beat the Square Machine (The 2nd Cossack boss), and on my first try. I'm getting really good at Mega Man games. Helps that I watched a review of Mega Man 4 that says you have to slide so you get inside one of the bosses.

Either I'm getting really good at Mega Man games (I've already beaten Mega Man X, X2, and Mega Man 2 and 3), or Mega Man games aren't that hard.
Nexus-X
8-bit

by Nexus-X Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:39 pm

Ninjamaster wrote:I'm playing Dragon's Crown Pro (Ps4) :D

I was so hyped when this got a re-release, and I picked it up right away. I was sure I would put at least as much time into it as I had with the Vita version. After about 2 runs I just kind of fizzled out. :/
Gucci
64-bit

by Gucci Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:27 pm

Late to the party but I’m going through some GBA ports of SNES games. Specifically the DK Country games. Just finished the first one and onto the second game. I like the cheesy story bits they added to the game. Also the 4th wall breaking bits coming from Cranky Kong.

As for the games themselves: I know the ports were not well received by the deep fans of the original games but I thought the first game at least was totally fine. Enjoyed the ride. The second game I only finished once on the Wii VC as I only owned the first and third game in the 90s.
I own too many hoodies jackets hoodies and DS games and I’m not ashamed!
Syndicate
32-bit

by Syndicate Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:29 pm

...nothing classic right now, I'm currently trying to give Bloodborne a decent go. If I take a break from that I may get back to SMW or something else.
Gucci
64-bit

by Gucci Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:09 pm

Super Mario World? I’m playing that too. I flip back and forth from DKC2 to SMW. I have a flash cart for the GBA so I’m playing the ports.

Been on a 90s platformer kick lately. The flash cart is a huge enabler to flip flopping back and forth.
I own too many hoodies jackets hoodies and DS games and I’m not ashamed!
Syndicate
32-bit

by Syndicate Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:03 pm

Gucci wrote:Super Mario World? I’m playing that too. I flip back and forth from DKC2 to SMW. I have a flash cart for the GBA so I’m playing the ports.

Been on a 90s platformer kick lately. The flash cart is a huge enabler to flip flopping back and forth.

...yep, Super Mario World. It's still the best 2D Mario game imo and it's a game that I've started many times but never finished. The last time that I was playing several months ago I believe I left off on the Cheese Bridge or somewhere around there.
marurun

by marurun Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:03 pm

There seem to be two camps of 2D Mario fans: SMW is best Mario and SMB3 is best Mario. I’m in the latter camp.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

by prfsnl_gmr Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:39 pm

marurun wrote:There seem to be two camps of 2D Mario fans: SMW is best Mario and SMB3 is best Mario. I’m in the latter camp.

SMB2 is best. Fight me.
marurun

by marurun Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:07 pm

prfsnl_gmr wrote:
marurun wrote:There seem to be two camps of 2D Mario fans: SMW is best Mario and SMB3 is best Mario. I’m in the latter camp.

SMB2 is best. Fight me.

SMB2 is awesome, but not best SMB game. Is more of a gaiden. Wish they would make another.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Return to General Gaming