Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
marurun

Re: What are you playing?

by marurun Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:05 pm

PretentiousHipster wrote:Played a Christian Myst clone called Heaven, and I don't even know how to describe it yet, but two scenes have to be seen to be believed. I'll post them:

https://twitter.com/PretentiousHip1/sta ... 2189487113
https://twitter.com/PretentiousHip1/sta ... 4135990274

It’s one thing to love your grandma, but quite another to LOVE your grandma.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Ack

by Ack Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:26 pm

I mean, if your grandma is a stacked blond Barbie doll, I think the rest of us will understand.
PretentiousHipster
Next-Gen

by PretentiousHipster Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:05 pm

Soma Games, a Christian game reviewing site, did a review, and this quote was amusing:

Somebody inside Genesis Works should have realized that their headline will read “Heaven: Get a Tour of The Throne Room and a Lap Dance While You’re There.” Axis and her stripper boots will be the only thing most people see here and the truth is I can’t blame them.
o.pwuaioc
Next-Gen

by o.pwuaioc Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:53 pm

marurun wrote:
PretentiousHipster wrote:Played a Christian Myst clone called Heaven, and I don't even know how to describe it yet, but two scenes have to be seen to be believed. I'll post them:

https://twitter.com/PretentiousHip1/sta ... 2189487113
https://twitter.com/PretentiousHip1/sta ... 4135990274

It’s one thing to love your grandma, but quite another to LOVE your grandma.

Reminds me of good ol' Oedipus Rex who loved his mother.
JungleHeart
8-bit

by JungleHeart Sun Jan 30, 2022 10:40 pm

Just done with Scarlet Nexus. Currently playing Tales of Arise. I also took out my PS2 for a spin over the weekend and playing bits of Tekken Tag and Dynasty Warriors 3 on there. Reminds me of good, carefree times!
"Even at his most powerless, man's existence is never without meaning."
—Suikoden I
--
Currently works as a freelance writer
https://blog.playerauctions.com
Syndicate
32-bit

by Syndicate Tue Feb 01, 2022 9:35 pm

...I started on The Gunk and Batman: The Enemy Within as quick distractions between Forza Horizon 5 and Bloodborne sessions. Fireshark and Midnight Resistance have also made it back into the rotation as well.
Raging Justice
Next-Gen

by Raging Justice Tue Feb 15, 2022 5:08 am

I've put a lot of time in Unbound: Worlds Apart. It's really good, a very high quality puzzle platformer

I usually avoid rogue likes...or is it rogue light? Whatever. I gave Hades a shot. I dig the Greek mythology and Supergiant Games has such a good reputation. It's pretty fun and addicting. I feel like rogue likes are really just grindfest games. You die, get stronger, die, get stronger, etc, etc. Hades does a fairly good job of keeping that gameplay loop interesting and it plays into the story perfectly. Plus, there is room for skill in the game. It's not all stats and power ups.

The game also has nice difficulty modifiers that are completely optional. There is a "God Mode" that makes the game much easier, and there is no penalty for using (doesn't even affect trophies). There is also a "Hell Mode" that once activated can't be turned off. It basically makes the game much more difficult. Again, completely optional. From what I have read there isn't even a trophy tied to this difficulty setting. Hades feels like a game for everyone. You can make it as hard or easy as you like.

The game looks amazing too and the voice acting is solid. The whole thing just feels really damned polished.

I started Alwa's Legacy, since I'm probably not too far from beating Unbound, this will be the next 2d side scroller I play
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

by prfsnl_gmr Tue Feb 15, 2022 7:34 am

Raging Justice wrote:I started Alwa's Legacy, since I'm probably not too far from beating Unbound, this will be the next 2d side scroller I play

Nice. That’s a fun game. Did you play Alwa’s Awakening too? It is also good, but can be really, really tough. (Legacy has more traditional metroidvania difficulty.)
Raging Justice
Next-Gen

by Raging Justice Tue Feb 15, 2022 12:14 pm

prfsnl_gmr wrote:
Raging Justice wrote:I started Alwa's Legacy, since I'm probably not too far from beating Unbound, this will be the next 2d side scroller I play

Nice. That’s a fun game. Did you play Alwa’s Awakening too? It is also good, but can be really, really tough. (Legacy has more traditional metroidvania difficulty.)

I played a little bit of Alwa's Awakening. I never finished it, but it seemed pretty good. I had heard Legacy was even better than the first. Do I need to play the first one for story reasons? I noticed Legacy does seem to reference past events, but I was hoping I'd still be able to follow the story line
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

by prfsnl_gmr Tue Feb 15, 2022 1:23 pm

Raging Justice wrote:
prfsnl_gmr wrote:

I played a little bit of Alwa's Awakening. I never finished it, but it seemed pretty good. I had heard Legacy was even better than the first. Do I need to play the first one for story reasons? I noticed Legacy does seem to reference past events, but I was hoping I'd still be able to follow the story line

Alwa’s Awakening has a really cool ending that ties into Legacy a bit, but Legacy doesn’t really take much from Awakening besides its characters and setting. Accordingly, you can happily partake of Legacy comfortable in the knowledge that you aren’t missing anything.
Return to General Gaming