Random Gaming Thoughts

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Re: Random Gaming Thoughts

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

The upcoming Atari compilation looks amazing. Will contain Jaguar, Lynx. and 8-bit computer games.
opa
128-bit

Post by opa »

Link, pls?
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

Steam page but it's coming to consoles too:
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1919 ... lebration/

Dunno if there's a comprehensive games list out there yet.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

BoneSnapDeez wrote:The upcoming Atari compilation looks amazing. Will contain Jaguar, Lynx. and 8-bit computer games.

Yes! I am so pumped for this. Glad it’s on your radar too, Bone.
Nemoide
Next-Gen

Post by Nemoide »

Wow, that Atari compilation is pretty rad; way more interesting than the bland 2600 collections we've seen over the years. I trust Digital Eclipse to put out a good package with more than just the games themselves.
And I'm glad it's coming out on consoles because the idea of playing Lynx games on Switch is appealing for me.
PretentiousHipster
Next-Gen

Post by PretentiousHipster »

Out of curiousity, did anyone here play Ripened Tingle's Balloon Trip of Love? It's still in my head, and I really do believe that it is easily one of the best Zelda games. It's a shame because Tingle is so hated (I hated him too before playing this tbf), so no one will wanna play it, but it made me like him as a character by the end. It's created by Vanpool, and some of the employees worked for Love-de-Lic before.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

PretentiousHipster wrote:Out of curiousity, did anyone here play Ripened Tingle's Balloon Trip of Love? It's still in my head, and I really do believe that it is easily one of the best Zelda games. It's a shame because Tingle is so hated (I hated him too before playing this tbf), so no one will wanna play it, but it made me like him as a character by the end. It's created by Vanpool, and some of the employees worked for Love-de-Lic before.

Not yet! I’m hoping to import a PAL copy at some point, but it’s a pretty expensive game. When I get a good price on it, I’ll bite and play through it in short order.
PretentiousHipster
Next-Gen

prfsnl_gmr wrote:
PretentiousHipster wrote:Out of curiousity, did anyone here play Ripened Tingle's Balloon Trip of Love? It's still in my head, and I really do believe that it is easily one of the best Zelda games. It's a shame because Tingle is so hated (I hated him too before playing this tbf), so no one will wanna play it, but it made me like him as a character by the end. It's created by Vanpool, and some of the employees worked for Love-de-Lic before.

Not yet! I’m hoping to import a PAL copy at some point, but it’s a pretty expensive game. When I get a good price on it, I’ll bite and play through it in short order.

I think that's the other game, Rosy Rupeeland? Ripened Tingle's Balloon Trip of Love only has a fan translation if you wanna play it in English. Rosy Rupeeland is also quite great, but there's one flaw that's so major that imo it ruins the game if you don't use a guide for that aspect.
ZRofel
24-bit

Post by ZRofel »

PretentiousHipster wrote:
prfsnl_gmr wrote:

I think that's the other game, Rosy Rupeeland? Ripened Tingle's Balloon Trip of Love only has a fan translation if you wanna play it in English. Rosy Rupeeland is also quite great, but there's one flaw that's so major that imo it ruins the game if you don't use a guide for that aspect.

I haven't played Ripened, but I played through a pretty big chunk of Freshly-Picked Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland. It's a profoundly bizarre game that felt incredibly creepy in spots in a way that certain Love-de-Lic games (as well as their offshoot Chulip) do. Not because of Tingle, but more because I was worried something horrible was going to happen to him. Like, the whole game felt like some kind of pyramid scheme or cult initiation that was going to end with Tingle being kidnapped by a crime syndicate and having his organs harvested for sale to wealthy plutocrats. Like, every character in the game just seems like they were trying to hustle or scam him. I never ended up finishing it because I got stuck at one point and was already feeling really unsettled.
PretentiousHipster
Next-Gen

Ripened went for this really weird mix of being wholesome with a slight dose of being disturbing. It's a point and click game though, so it's obv very different from Rupeeland. The amount of genre jumping it does is ridiculous, but in a great way. It also easily has the best companion characters of any Zelda game, and I'd say it does the personality and charm factor better than any Zelda game, and that's one of the strengths of the series.