Want to be the podcast's expert corespondent?

Podcast announcements, feedback, and discussion
SpaceBooger

Re: Could YOU be an expert corespondent for the RB Podcast?

Post by SpaceBooger »

dsheinem wrote:
SpaceBooger wrote:Sign me up for either of the following:
-Comic Books

does that extend to comic book-based games?

Yes and good comics to read to supplement them.
BLOG | BST
Systems Owned: NES, Game Boy (Original, Pocket, Color & Advance SP), DSi, 3DS, Genesis, Sega CD,
Nomad, SNES, Saturn, PS1, Dreamcast, XBox, PS2, Gamecube, Nintendo DS, Wii, PSP, PS3, WiiU & XBONE.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

SpaceBooger wrote:
dsheinem wrote:
SpaceBooger wrote:Sign me up for either of the following:
-Comic Books

does that extend to comic book-based games?

Yes and good comics to read to supplement them.

noted and added
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

bumped to hopefully get some more volunteers!
mjmjr25

Post by mjmjr25 »

I know we have some anime / otaku / cosplay / etc afficionados out there. And I know one guy who could be our CAVE guy, but i'll leave to them to volunteer.

I think I could educate the shit out of you folks on septic tanks.

I'm pretty sure "retrosportsgamer" knows a whole lot about the evolution of most sport game franchises.

Maybe temporarily sticky this so everyone gets a chance to see it? As i'm typing, i'm feeling like I have a "go to" on just about every topic that I need help with, so we just need for them to see this is all.
caffeinedreamer
8-bit

Post by caffeinedreamer »

Hey there. I'm currently based in Japan. I've been here for 3½ years and I'll be here for another 18 months. My Japanese isn't great considering the amount of time I've been here but I chose to come here to collect games and visit most gaming events in Japan every year.

My specialties / interests include region-exclusive games (i.e. what one can't get in the UK that came out in the US and vice-versa as well as games that never left Japan) and British games magazines (I amassed quite a few complete collections while I was still in the UK). I'm always up-to-date with goings on in the UK and I've got comprehensive knowledge of the past 30 years of games from a European point of view too.

I've written for some print magazines in the UK and here in Japan. I'm predominantly a staff writer for Ready Up in the UK, but I have written for other sites too - HG101 being one of the more recent ones. I've been listening to the podcast for some time and I'm keen to get involved in podcasting so would love to get on board with this.
"Man is the plaything of the gods, and that is the best of him; and so we should play the noblest games" -Plato
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

caffeinedreamer wrote:Hey there. I'm currently based in Japan. I've been here for 3½ years and I'll be here for another 18 months. My Japanese isn't great considering the amount of time I've been here but I chose to come here to collect games and visit most gaming events in Japan every year.

My specialties / interests include region-exclusive games (i.e. what one can't get in the UK that came out in the US and vice-versa as well as games that never left Japan) and British games magazines (I amassed quite a few complete collections while I was still in the UK). I'm always up-to-date with goings on in the UK and I've got comprehensive knowledge of the past 30 years of games from a European point of view too.

I've written for some print magazines in the UK and here in Japan. I'm predominantly a staff writer for Ready Up in the UK, but I have written for other sites too - HG101 being one of the more recent ones. I've been listening to the podcast for some time and I'm keen to get involved in podcasting so would love to get on board with this.

I'll put you down as the other Japanese Gaming corespondent, but I'll certainly keep you in mind for European stuff as well. Ideally I'd like to get someone who lives in Europe to be that person....

Glad you like the show and want to participate!

mjmjr25 wrote:Maybe temporarily sticky this so everyone gets a chance to see it? As i'm typing, i'm feeling like I have a "go to" on just about every topic that I need help with, so we just need for them to see this is all.

I agree that we have folks who can cover all the areas listed in the OP, but I don't want to assume they are cool with potentially coming on the air (some people are shy). I would encourage you and others to shoot a PM to folks who you think should sign up for a slot, as I know that is how at least a few folks came to put their name on the list already. I don't want to sticky the thread forum-wide, as it really is specifically about the podcast.
Luke
Next-Gen

Post by Luke »

My finger is always on the pulse of e-commerce. But that would be of little help.

But! I also have my finger on the pulse of movies and movie related games.

I'm not sure how you lay out your segments, but if you would like to tie together upcoming/older movies and their related games, I could help out. Say review the animated TMNT movie (animated) discuss the TMNT game (2006) on multiple platforms, and then discuss the live action TMNT movie that is scheduled for 2014.
jfrost
Next-Gen

Post by jfrost »

Well, I live in "other regions", though I don't really know how that would be helpful to the podcast...
retrosportsgamer
Next-Gen

Post by retrosportsgamer »

mjmjr25 wrote:I know we have some anime / otaku / cosplay / etc afficionados out there. And I know one guy who could be our CAVE guy, but i'll leave to them to volunteer.

I think I could educate the shit out of you folks on septic tanks.

I'm pretty sure "retrosportsgamer" knows a whole lot about the evolution of most sport game franchises.

Maybe temporarily sticky this so everyone gets a chance to see it? As i'm typing, i'm feeling like I have a "go to" on just about every topic that I need help with, so we just need for them to see this is all.

Thanks

I can be on retainer for any guest appearance.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

bumping this to get some more people added to the list :)