Want to be the podcast's expert corespondent?

Podcast announcements, feedback, and discussion
ExedExes
Next-Gen

Re: Could YOU be an expert corespondent for the RB Podcast?

Post by ExedExes »

After hearing TEKTORO as the Tony Hawk expert on today's new podcast, I thought "hey, I could be an expert like that"

I see the classic arcade slot is filled, but I notice you had a non-video pinball opening there. I could do that, alongside arcade games, I've played and studied the history of pinball enough to know a lot about them. IPDB is my friend :lol:
Xeogred wrote:The obvious answer is that it's time for the Dreamcast 2.
pakopako
Next-Gen

Post by pakopako »

I've got a pastiche of history with anime and gaming (70s~90s), but I think D.S. has that covered.

I have a few friends who are more knowledgeable about game music; some orchestral composition, but mainly chiptunes. I can probably leech their knowledge temporarily if I prepare myself.
My scheduling skills have died of dysentery; I hope to visit at least on a monthly basis.
Still, don't forget to tip your waitress.
flex wood
Next-Gen

Post by flex wood »

mjmjr25 wrote:I think I could educate the shit out of you folks on septic tanks.

Please work this in to a podcast somehow.
Dakinggamer87
Next-Gen

Post by Dakinggamer87 »

I'm pretty knowledgeable with RPG's: Japanese/Western for current gen and retro as well 8)
Odyssey,Vectrex,Atari 2600,5200,7800,Intellivision,Colecovision,NES,Master System,SNES,Genesis,32X,CD,CDX,Virtual Boy,TG-16,Neo-Geo AES,Jaguar+CD,PSX,PSOne,Saturn,3DO,N64,DC,PS2,Xbox,GCN,Wii,Xbox 360,PS3,GB,GB Pocket,GBC,Lynx,Game Gear,Nomad,NGPC,GBA,GBA SP,GB Micro,DS,PSP,PSP Slim,WS,WS Color,3DS,Vita,PC,iPhone,WiiU
A/V:55" Samsung 3D LED TV, Onkyo 7.1 TX-SR605 HTS
My gaming collection
YoshiEgg25
Next-Gen

Post by YoshiEgg25 »

mjmjr25 wrote:I think I could educate the shit out of you folks on septic tanks.

Gaming accomplishments:
Nibbler (marathon): 251,169,160 / Nibbler (one life): 5,263,360 (WR)
Donkey Kong: 423,100 [L12-1] (150th place as of 2019-01-15)
Super Smash Bros. (N64): Ranked top 5 in Wisconsin from Q1 2016 to Q2 2017
Shrek SuperSlam: won largest tournament in game's history (Shrekfest 2018)

Speedrun.com Profile (contains multiple WRs)
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

So.....anyone have a lot of expertise on the history of Treasure's games, the differences between various ports of all their games, the history of the company itself, etc.? Let us know!
pakopako
Next-Gen

Post by pakopako »

dsheinem wrote:So.....anyone have a lot of expertise on the history of Treasure's games, the differences between various ports of all their games, the history of the company itself, etc.? Let us know!

I thought the Konami off-shoot only had two games that got multiple ports (Bangai-O, Ikaruga) -- before they broke down and did sequels on other consoles (Advanced Guardian Heroes, Sin & Punishment 2, etc.)

Of yeah, the one tidbit of possibly unique Treasure trivia I could contribute is that a lot of their staff members were in the credits for Axelay (SNES).
My scheduling skills have died of dysentery; I hope to visit at least on a monthly basis.
Still, don't forget to tip your waitress.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

pakopako wrote:
dsheinem wrote:So.....anyone have a lot of expertise on the history of Treasure's games, the differences between various ports of all their games, the history of the company itself, etc.? Let us know!

I thought the Konami off-shoot only had two games that got multiple ports (Bangai-O, Ikaruga) -- before they broke down and did sequels on other consoles (Advanced Guardian Heroes, Sin & Punishment 2, etc.)

Of yeah, the one tidbit of possibly unique Treasure trivia I could contribute is that a lot of their staff members were in the credits for Axelay (SNES).

so...are you volunteering?

We need someone with a lot of expertise on Treasure for the show we record Thursday night 9pm ET. Who's up for it?
Jagosaurus
Next-Gen

Re: Want to be the podcast's expert corespondent?

Post by Jagosaurus »

Pretty knowledgeable on Saturn stuff if you ever have an episode with a lot SS or arcade port topics.

Everything from the history to the VCD card to imports. :)

Also, a Jaguar enthusiast if the ill fated Jag is a topic.

Not an expert of the subjects requested :)

My Retro Achievements Profile | My Console Mods
"Victory and honor do not grow from timid seeds" -Arbiter, Halo 5