Breath of Thunder

Discuss the latest happenings in the world of modern old-school
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Breath of Thunder

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

A new Kickstarter from the guy who makes the Silver Falls games just launched for a JRPG he's planning in a new IP. Breath of Thunder (obviously an homage to Breath of Fire) is planned as a tribute to classic JRPGs for both modern and legacy consoles. The Kickerstarter can be found here, but just take a look at these amazing and ambitious stretch goals.

His previous Kickstarter campaign was for a Pokemon Mini game in the Silver Falls series, and that launched yesterday, so he's got my endorsement and the track record to assure folks that he's not a Kickstarter scammer. I pledged $100 to get myself made into an NPC. Check it out, and if it looks like a game you'd enjoy, give it a pledge! Play the vibe check teaser free here!
Last edited by ElkinFencer10 on Sat Mar 09, 2024 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

MrPopo

Re: Breath of Thunder

Post by MrPopo »

That is an extremely eclectic combination of target platforms. Also, "Breath of Thunder" makes me think it'll be a shmup, not a riff on Breath of Fire.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

I'd be content with just the initial goal, but man, it would be AWESOME if the Saturn stretch goal got hit.

ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

Sungrand released a playable "vibe check" teaser so people can see how the game looks and sounds. No combat yet (that's coming in an updated teaser soon), but you can run around a village and talk to NPCs to get a feel for how the game will play. I've updated the OP with this link.

ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

Hey everyone, I'm not the developer or working for them, but I am a huge fan of indie studio Sungrand and want to plug the Kickstarter for their upcoming RPG, Breath of Thunder. It's obviously an homage to Breath of Fire, but it's also a general love letter to all classic RPGs. Sungrand is most known for the Silver Falls series, an indie series I LOVE, but they're breaking out into new standalone IPs

I made a video about the playable demo for Breath of Thunder if anyone is curious. Please check it out and consider backing the Kickstarter! It's not my Kickstarter, but I'd love to see it succeed.

My video about the playable teaser is here.
The link to the Kickstarter is here.
The link to download the vibe check teaser for yourself is here.

ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

Sadly the Kickstarter failed, though most of us expected it would. That doesn't mean the game isn't coming; it just means that it will take longer. In the meantime, though, Sungrand is about to release a new, chill, casual puzzle game called Clasherball.

Check out my first look at the playable demo here