Official Mega Man Wily Wars North American Release

Discuss the latest happenings in the world of modern old-school
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Re: Official Mega Man Wily Wars North American Release

Post by alienjesus »

Ziggy587 wrote:Good point. You'd have to assume that Mega Man costs more to license than the other less popular games they've reproduced. Still... that equates to $40 more per copy?

Who knows what the agreement is. Possibly a flat rate initially plus a cut of profits for capcom? They might be pricing based on an expected minimum number of orders and are trying to cover their bases. Who knows? I'm certanly not claiming there isn't a bit of a premium based on the clout of the game in question, just that there's probably considerations outside of the manufacturing costs involved.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

Demand will be high ;as demonstrated by this thread, if nothing else!); so the price should be relatively high too. That’s pretty much microeconomics 101. As demand tapers off, I would expect the price to drop a bit depending on how many copies they manufacture.

It’s possible that they could maximize their profits by selling both collector’s and standard editions, but that’s a relatively complex analysis. (LRG seems to have settled on this strategy.) I suspect they conducted it, though, and determined that a collector’s-edition-only release is best for them.

I am REALLY tempted by this since it’s an official NTSC release. The price is a bit steep, though, but I may come around to it.
stickem
Next-Gen

Post by stickem »

screw it, ordered it. I don't get in on these much, plus it isn't that high to me.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

My wife reminded me this morning that she needs Father’s Day gift ideas... :lol:
Nemoide
Next-Gen

Post by Nemoide »

I ordered it along with the two Game Boy games on Limited Run, Metal Masters and StarHawk. StarHawk especially is pretty hard to find and I've been getting increasingly interested in original GB games over the years.

I like that I can get a high-quality cartridge (not like the Chinese ones that have the potential to damage a console), that it incentivizes companies to reissue more in-demand games, and as a die-hard Sega fan with a mountain of Mega Man nostalgia from the 90s, I feel like it really belongs in my collection. The Sega Genesis Mini might be nice and have it included but I want to see it running on a CRT! I ordered the Retro-Bit version of Zero Wing back when that was up for preorder and was very happy with the quality of the final product, I trust that this will be something special.
Anapan
Next-Gen

Post by Anapan »

It's really cool that there's an official release but the price is too steep for me. Already hardware compatability and timing was there for years with MottZilla's patch and then Ar8temis008's improvement. Too little too late..
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
stickem
Next-Gen

Post by stickem »

forgot i pre-ordered this now that I see a couple youtube reviews trickling in.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

stickem wrote:forgot i pre-ordered this now that I see a couple youtube reviews trickling in.

You mean we actually get this soon? I got it as a Father’s Day present last year and had almost completely forgotten about it!
stickem
Next-Gen

Post by stickem »

prfsnl_gmr wrote:
stickem wrote:forgot i pre-ordered this now that I see a couple youtube reviews trickling in.

You mean we actually get this soon? I got it as a Father’s Day present last year and had almost completely forgotten about it!

I did as well. I was looking up this thread to remember if i actually purchased it and from where lol
marurun

Post by marurun »

I wonder if they fixed any of the input lag or weird music tempo issues along with some of the slowdown.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.