The OSSC Thread

Discuss the latest happenings in the world of modern old-school
bmoc
Next-Gen

Re: The OSSC Thread

Post by bmoc »

The OSSC doesn't have an HDMI input. You'll have to convert the RetroTink's output to VGA, component, or Scart with another device in order to get the the OSSC to process it.
Jagosaurus
Next-Gen

Post by Jagosaurus »

Hm...

Ok, back to Tink straight into TV. Not a big deal.

Thanks for clarifying.

My Retro Achievements Profile | My Console Mods
"Victory and honor do not grow from timid seeds" -Arbiter, Halo 5
Anapan
Next-Gen

Post by Anapan »

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
bmoc
Next-Gen

Post by bmoc »

An OSSC Pro is in development! It will have three operating modes:

1. Lag free line multiplication (like the original OSSC)
2. Frame buffer based scaling (like the Framemeister)
3.Adaptive line multiplication

Adaptive line multiplication takes the output from normal line multiplication and places it in a 720p or 1080p window with standard VESA timings to increase compatibility. A frame buffer will not be necessary but this mode will have a small amount of latency overhead.

Best of all, the OSSC Pro will have an expansion port so you can add new modules like svideo or composite inputs. There is also potential for a game controller port expansion module. Since the OSSC Pro is going to be based on the same FPGA as the MISTer project, it will also be able to run MISTer cores!

For more details visit https://videogameperfection.com/2020/01 ... is-coming/
Jagosaurus
Next-Gen

Post by Jagosaurus »

That's pretty cool news. As someone who has researched the Mister & OSSC + Tink combo (for composite & sid vid) ... this could be a nice all in 1.

bmoc
Next-Gen

Post by bmoc »

Jagosaurus wrote:That's pretty cool news. As someone who has researched the Mister & OSSC + Tink combo (for composite & sid vid) ... this could be a nice all in 1.

I figured the Analogue Pocket would be the first thing to get me into the MISTer world. I wonder which will make it to market first? I'm also curious what the OSSC Pro will cost. I assume that they will try to beat the price of the Framemeister. I'm betting $250-$300
Jagosaurus
Next-Gen

Post by Jagosaurus »

Pretty interesting product. It has a few different use cases, but s vid & composite into the OSSC via component seems like it'll be a popular one.

Koryuu
https://youtu.be/R3yIWdN0gKE

stickem
Next-Gen

Post by stickem »

Anybody have an ossc that all the sudden video goes out? Got audio, no video on any the 3 consoles hooked up to it. The LCD displays shows synced, no test pattern either when console is off. Hapoened in the middle of playing. Probably nothing I can fix so dam I guess I'll have to get another.
bmoc
Next-Gen

Post by bmoc »

Never experienced that myself. My advice would be to first rule out other devices in the chain such as SCART or HDMI switchers. Try a different HDMI port on your tv as well. If none of that works, try updating the OSSC firmware.
stickem
Next-Gen

Post by stickem »

Removed the switcher from the equation, same issue. Just googling may be the hdmi output may have shit the bed. Hell I tried to do a firmware update. Slid the micro SD card in the slot and the metal clip to keep it in place fell off, can't update that anymore. Year and a half and I have to rebuy it. Shit lol.

Update: on the same 2 year old tv, 3do via retrotink/ hdmi didnt work, ps3 via hdmi didn't work. Hooked up an amazon scart to hdmi special that I new worked, nothing. Figured, great ports went out, another tv that has to be replaced after a few years. Last hope, unplugged tv for 15 minutes, hooked everything up and the shit worked again. Stuff like this kills me lol. Wasted 3 hours but glad I'm up and running again. Rant over.