Console of the Month (July 2023) - Xbox

Join in on our classic gaming club!
ZRofel
24-bit

Re: Console of the Month (July 2023) - Xbox

Post by ZRofel »

bmoc wrote:If you like Otogi and "America's Bigger is Better", you absolutely need to play Metal Wolf Chaos. It was a Japan Xbox exclusive but has since been ported to PS4/Xbox One/PC.

Oh, I definitely jumped on the Metal Wolf Chaos bandwagon as soon as the port was announced. You can absolutely tell it was made by the same team as Otogi, as it just has a very similar feel to it. That being said, I did stall out kind of early in my play through. Like Otogi, I suspect it's not balanced very well, and I just haven't had the energy to push through those early difficulty spikes like I did when I first played Otogi.
Syndicate
32-bit

Re: Console of the Month (July 2023) - Xbox

Post by Syndicate »

...with the Xbox basically being released right after the demise of the Dreamcast I was initially pretty lukewarm on the console and it's comically large Duke controller. Friends and co-workers just kept talking about some Master Chief guy, but I was content to keep rocking with my DC and newly acquired Gamecube. I eventually picked up an Xbox once the Halo Edition was released, mainly b/c it looked cool. I gave Halo a go and it wasn't bad, I thought the story was interesting and it had a great OST. I even got some LAN parties in w/co-workers every so often, but since FPS games aren't really my thing that didn't last too long. However, there were quite a few games from a newly 3rd party Sega that were definitely worth checking out. Jest Radio Future, GunValkyrie, Panzer Dragoon Orta, Out Run 2/2006, Shenmue II, and even Sega Soccer Slam were all a lot of fun. Unfortunately, I missed out on Otogi, House of the Dead III, and Crazi Taxi 3 though. There were other solid games like Ninja Gaiden Black, X-Men Legends, Project Gotham, Knights of the Old Republic, and Beyond Good & Evil that made the system well worth owning imo. My Xbox has been packed away since I picked up a 360, but I plan on getting hooked back up once I figure out a good setup for my classic systems. Recently I've also started picking up games I missed like Crimson Skies and hopefully I can find a copy of Otogi as well.