Join in on our classic gaming club!
Edwardwef

Re: Console of the Month (September 2022) - Super Nintendo

by Edwardwef Sun Oct 02, 2022 10:00 pm

This looks great! Thank you for sharing with us these photos. I love SNES it has one of my favorite games.
ZRofel
24-bit

by ZRofel Mon Oct 03, 2022 4:54 pm

Yeah, I definitely want to keep the conversation going too. The SNES is probably my favorite system, and I don't feel like I really got to talk it up as much as I'd have liked during September.

I actually bought three SNES games fairly recently: Phantom 2040, which is awesome, Dino City, which is... not, and Bonkers, which is completely adequate. Dino City was kind of a surprise, because I remember renting it a lot as a kid and kind of enjoying it, but man, this last time I played it, right from the beginning I didn't like the feel of it at all. Like, it just felt really sluggish but simultaneously slippery. Surprisingly disappointing for an Irem game. I guess that's why you don't really hear anyone talking about it anymore these days.
o.pwuaioc
Next-Gen

by o.pwuaioc Tue Oct 04, 2022 12:09 am

ZRofel wrote:Yeah, I definitely want to keep the conversation going too. The SNES is probably my favorite system, and I don't feel like I really got to talk it up as much as I'd have liked during September.

I actually bought three SNES games fairly recently: Phantom 2040, which is awesome, Dino City, which is... not, and Bonkers, which is completely adequate. Dino City was kind of a surprise, because I remember renting it a lot as a kid and kind of enjoying it, but man, this last time I played it, right from the beginning I didn't like the feel of it at all. Like, it just felt really sluggish but simultaneously slippery. Surprisingly disappointing for an Irem game. I guess that's why you don't really hear anyone talking about it anymore these days.

Phantom 2040 was a game I bought and sold ages ago. So long ago that I don't even remember why I got rid of it. Something about it was mediocre, maybe? But maybe I didn't play enough of it.

There's also the Sega version, so perhaps I was going to get that? No idea! Can you sell me on the SNES version?
Return to Together Retro