Console of the Month (Jan 2022): Sega Saturn

Join in on our classic gaming club!
Raging Justice
Next-Gen

Re: Console of the Month (Jan 2022): Sega Saturn

Post by Raging Justice »

Not one of my favorite consoles, but it's got some real gems for sure and I have a collection of games myself consisting of a few pricey titles like Radiant Silvergun, Guardian Heroes, etc.

Some of my favorite games would be Three Dirty Dwarves, Astal, Elevator Action Returns, Vampire Savior, X-Men vs Streetfighter, Marvel Super Heroes, Astra Superstars (I could easily replay some of those Saturn fighters over and over again yet have no interest in modern fighters), and Mega Man X 4 (I think the Saturn version has a few graphical improvements over the PS 1 version)

Some of my favorite games from other consoles are on the Saturn too, though I've not played those versions. Games like Tomb Raider, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, and Earthworm Jim 2

I have to say though, I absolutely despise those long boxes on the Saturn and early PS1 titles. I also find collecting imports a pain since I always want the spine cards (and registration cards if possible) included. I like things complete
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

alienjesus wrote:It's been great discussing Sega Saturn with you all! Now January is over, I'll be starting up the next console of the month thread, but feel free to keep discussion going here!

This was fun reading all month. I only settled in with a few Saturn games when it was all said and done, but it was fun to pull the console out and spend time with it again!
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

I wasn't able to make it through all of Shining Force III Scenario 1 before the end of January. So I'm not sure how I'm going to tackle it now.
Syndicate
32-bit

Post by Syndicate »

...looks like I'm a day or two late with this, but there definitely some very nice Saturn collections here. I'm especially jealous of that Bubble Symphony AJ! :lol:

...a quick pic of my current collection, there are still a few games I'd like to have, and I add to it when I can. However, as we all know Saturn collecting has just gotten beyond silly now.

N.American games

Imports + Nights bundle