47%
Gotta Go Fast!
20%

Total votes : 15
PartridgeSenpai
Next-Gen

Re: Together Retro July 2021 poll

by PartridgeSenpai Tue Jun 29, 2021 5:30 pm

Nemoide wrote:I feel like if you want to plug $15 USD into a currency converter and get something that costs less in your local currency, that's totally fine, but if that's too much of a challenge and the *only* games you can find in the UK are FIFA 06 or a Dizzy game for the Spectrum, pushing it to $20 isn't really a problem. It'll be interesting to see the differences in retro game markets in other countries! I know PartridgeSenpai will have an embarrassment of riches with their options, especially for PS1 games. If you want to challenge yourself and try to find a game that's less than ¥500, that could be a fun "hard mode" way of doing it but I don't want anyone to feel too constrained.

Honestly, there's a TON of stuff for 300 yen or less, so while it would be harder than finding stuff under 1500-ish yen (which would be a LOT of stuff), but that's a good idea! I'll be sure to mention the prices on anything I play~

I mean the game I'm playing now technically counts. Atelier Meruru is 10 years old this year and I got it for 300 yen, so I'm already ready to go for next month's TR :lol:
I identify everyone via avatar, so if you change your avatar, I genuinely might completely forget who you are. -- Me
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

by prfsnl_gmr Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:10 am

My plan is to: (1) go to VGPC; (2) pick a system; (3) sort games by price (low to high); and (4) pick the first game I see in my collection that isn’t a sports game, gambling game, or based on a game show.

So, for example, I might play Fortress for the Gameboy Advance since a loose copy sells for only $2 or Pit-Fighter for the SNES, which is only $1.95.
alienjesus
Next-Gen

by alienjesus Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:35 am

No-one should ever have to play Pit Fighter for the SNES. There's masochism, and then there's Pit Fighter for SNES. I worry for your sanity
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

by prfsnl_gmr Wed Jun 30, 2021 11:57 am

alienjesus wrote:No-one should ever have to play Pit Fighter for the SNES. There's masochism, and then there's Pit Fighter for SNES. I worry for your sanity

:lol:

I was hoping someone would catch that! Pit-Fightet is so, so bad. If you pay $1.95, then you overpaid by at least $5.

Maybe for the SNES, I’ll play Zoop, which isn’t that much more expensive, or Vegas Stakes, which, despite being a gambling game, was developed by HAL, is only $1.73, and is actually pretty good.
MrPopo

by MrPopo Wed Jun 30, 2021 1:44 pm

prfsnl_gmr wrote:My plan is to: (1) go to VGPC; (2) pick a system; (3) sort games by price (low to high); and (4) pick the first game I see in my collection that isn’t a sports game, gambling game, or based on a game show.

So, for example, I might play Fortress for the Gameboy Advance since a loose copy sells for only $2 or Pit-Fighter for the SNES, which is only $1.95.

I have a similar plan, but I'm not excluding sports games because I only have a handful.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Return to Together Retro