Join in on our classic gaming club!
Nemoide
Next-Gen

Re: Together Retro May 2021 - The Riddle of Steel

by Nemoide Mon May 31, 2021 7:15 pm

I've been playing more Onechanbara but having a lot of trouble. I eventually got to a point where I had to give up and re-start the game on Easy difficulty. The game seems to have kind of expected me to do that from the beginning because you're characters strength carries over and is independent of which difficulty or level you're playing. So even though normal difficulty starts off pretty breezy, it becomes sort of painful. And it never feels like the difficulty comes from having a certain level of skill.

Easy seems much better, possibly because I'm overpowered, but now the bosses seem like simple pushovers rather than the slogs they were before. This game's sword mechanics are all from the "hack and slash or whatever" school of game design. It's fun enough, but it's also kind of bad without being a really interesting kind of bad.
Syndicate
32-bit

by Syndicate Sat Jun 05, 2021 4:52 pm

...so The Riddle of Steel got me last month and wasn't really able to finish anything. I really only made a run at Strider when I had the time and I was able to make it to the last level but was not able to wrap it up. I'm going to keep trying to wrap it up b/c well I've always wanted to finish this game for a minute now. It's funny, when I was a kid I could swear these games were easier, but maybe I just had more time.
Ack

by Ack Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:08 pm

Syndicate wrote:...so The Riddle of Steel got me last month and wasn't really able to finish anything. I really only made a run at Strider when I had the time and I was able to make it to the last level but was not able to wrap it up. I'm going to keep trying to wrap it up b/c well I've always wanted to finish this game for a minute now. It's funny, when I was a kid I could swear these games were easier, but maybe I just had more time.

Do you want to know the answer? Flesh. Flesh is stronger. You will best Strider.
Return to Together Retro