Join in on our classic gaming club!
SpaceBooger

Re: Together Retro April 2021 - Little Big Adventure

by SpaceBooger Mon May 17, 2021 7:55 pm

I'm still plugging away at Dragon Warrior 2 on GBC. I am at level 21 and about to go to the cave where you need the moon stone to get access. I think I'm close to the end but have heard I need to be level 30 to have a chance to beat the game. That will be a ton of grinding especially with the amount of XP needed for each level past 20.
BLOG | BST
Systems Owned: NES, Game Boy (Original, Pocket, Color & Advance SP), DSi, 3DS, Genesis, Sega CD,
Nomad, SNES, Saturn, PS1, Dreamcast, XBox, PS2, Gamecube, Nintendo DS, Wii, PSP, PS3, WiiU & XBONE.
SpaceBooger

by SpaceBooger Sat May 29, 2021 2:29 pm

Beat DW2 last week. I know it's a month late, but DW 1&2 were on the same cart. So... yeah.
BLOG | BST
Systems Owned: NES, Game Boy (Original, Pocket, Color & Advance SP), DSi, 3DS, Genesis, Sega CD,
Nomad, SNES, Saturn, PS1, Dreamcast, XBox, PS2, Gamecube, Nintendo DS, Wii, PSP, PS3, WiiU & XBONE.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

by prfsnl_gmr Mon May 31, 2021 3:02 pm

SpaceBooger wrote:Beat DW2 last week. I know it's a month late, but DW 1&2 were on the same cart. So... yeah.

Nice! It’s a tough game, especially the end. It’s very influential, though.
alienjesus
Next-Gen

by alienjesus Mon May 31, 2021 5:07 pm

Loving that people have seen their games through to the end, even after April was over. Well done all!
marurun

by marurun Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:53 am

I wanted to add that I beat DragonQuest III on GBC a couple weeks ago. I've already commented a bunch on how it fares as a portable incarnation of a tentpole RPG. As a GBC title it really does succeed at bringing a "big" RPG down to portable size with minimal sacrifice for most RPG fans, and it's fascinating how it does, in some ways, feel a little compromised over the original NES version while, at the same time, being much more advanced via some of what it inherits from the SNES remake. It is really an interesting set of tradeoffs.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Return to Together Retro