Join in on our classic gaming club!
PartridgeSenpai
Next-Gen

Re: Together Retro November, 2020 - Games NOT Beaten

by PartridgeSenpai Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:53 am

prfsnl_gmr wrote:You are rocking it, Pidge. Awesome work. I still need to jump back in to a “not beaten” game (and I will as soon as I track down 102 more power moons in Super Mario Odyssey).

Thanks, Prfsnl ^w^ . Believe me, after no-lifing Odyssey really hard a year or two ago, I know very well just how captivating the chase for all of those moons can be :lol:

I think this might be it for this month's TR for me, as I'm not sure what other games I have lying around that I really wanna get to, but five games for one TR ain't bad, I think ^^;.
I identify everyone via avatar, so if you change your avatar, I genuinely might completely forget who you are. -- Me
MrPopo

by MrPopo Mon Nov 16, 2020 12:02 pm

I finished up Final Conflict. The last map is pretty bullshit, but fortunately the fact you get three flyers who are all really good let me mitigate it somewhat. Now on to finally getting through ZAMN.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
PartridgeSenpai
Next-Gen

by PartridgeSenpai Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:57 am

I remembered one more Genesis game I played as a kid but never ended up finishing! I played through Sonic 3D Blast today, and even got all the chaos emeralds :D
I used a save state here and there for a quick retry of a couple of the bonus stages, but other than that I was able to do the whole game without save states~. It's overall a pretty easy game (probably why I got so far in it as a kid ^^;), and it's not much of a Sonic game, in the grand scheme of things, but I really enjoyed finally getting through the last few levels ^w^
I identify everyone via avatar, so if you change your avatar, I genuinely might completely forget who you are. -- Me
Ziggy587

by Ziggy587 Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:46 am

MrPopo wrote:Now on to finally getting through ZAMN.

I don't think I mentioned that I was recently playing ZAMN. I was so busy the whole month of October that I really didn't get a chance to play or watch any horror related things. I never beat ZAMN though, so I was playing it earlier this month since it fit this month's TR and was also helping me play something horror related.
I'm parting with some duplicate Blu-Ray and DVD movies. Check out this thread if interested.
MrPopo

by MrPopo Tue Nov 17, 2020 12:27 pm

I've had a few good runs go south. A couple times I've failed to despawn the spiders around the victim in level 30, game overing. Once I forgot to save a ghost potion for level 43 and the squidmen nommed my victim (that one really hurt because otherwise that run was golden and was going to go all the way). And once I got to the last level with just enough resources, but I dinged 80k points between 47 and 48 so now I had two victims, and the second victim on the final stage requires you to go through a ton of traps and enemies and I didn't have the resources to do that.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Ziggy587

by Ziggy587 Tue Nov 17, 2020 1:18 pm

MrPopo wrote:I've had a few good runs go south. A couple times I've failed to despawn the spiders around the victim in level 30, game overing. Once I forgot to save a ghost potion for level 43 and the squidmen nommed my victim (that one really hurt because otherwise that run was golden and was going to go all the way). And once I got to the last level with just enough resources, but I dinged 80k points between 47 and 48 so now I had two victims, and the second victim on the final stage requires you to go through a ton of traps and enemies and I didn't have the resources to do that.

Are you continuing with passwords? Or save states? One of the reasons I never beat the game is because using passwords to continue means you loose all of you items and weapons. Monster potions and rockets (for example) can be huge for the strategy of certain levels, so when you start off on a later level with NOTHING the game becomes much harder.
I'm parting with some duplicate Blu-Ray and DVD movies. Check out this thread if interested.
MrPopo

by MrPopo Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:39 pm

I'm starting fresh each time since I'm playing with my cart on my SNES and, as you mentioned, passwords are garbage (other than the start on Day of the Tentacle one).
alienjesus
Next-Gen

by alienjesus Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:07 pm

I spent some time getting back into Final Fantasy 6 this weekend. I started it for my summer challenge, got a little past the halfway point and stopped.

I picked up in the world of ruin, having just got my 7th character (I had Celes, Sabin, Edgar, Setzer, Terra, Mog and Umaro, with the latter 2 being my most recent recruits). I managed to play through some more areas recruiting more characters along the way - Cyan at Mt. Zozo, Gau on the Veldt, Shadow at the Cave on the Veldt, and Relm at Owzer's House on Saturday.

Sunday I picked up from there, found Strago at the Kefka followers tower and then went and got some lores for him. I also explored Cyan's dream and got the Alexander Esper, and finally explored the Zone Eater's belly and found Gogo.

That's where I left it, and by my reckoning I have one lone character left to find, which is Locke. There's probably a bit more side content, perhaps some espers I'm missing but I think I'm not too far from the final stretch now?

Not sure what levels my characters will need to be, but they're currently ranging from about 30-32. I know I need to use 12 characters for the end dungeon, so just deciding who I will leave behind so I don't need to grind their levels. Umaro seems like an obvious candidate, but not sure who else to leave. Gau might be my choice because even with his Stray Cat rage he's starting to fall off in damage compared to other characters now - and his random nature has a habit of triggering painful counter attacks. That, and actually getting new rages for him is a pain and figuring out what they each do is tedious.
MrPopo

by MrPopo Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:49 pm

World of Ruin is like BotW; you can do the final boss once you have the thing that lets you fly. I've done a CES run (Celes, Edgar, Setzer) before and it isn't too bad if you do a bit of grinding because there are so many exploitable bugs and nasty relic combos. Once you get Locke you should head to Narshe and the Opera House, but otherwise you don't have any sidequests to do. Umaro is definitely worth leaving behind and Gau isn't bad to leave behind as well, though with the right gear his damage stays high through the end.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

by prfsnl_gmr Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:49 am

Now that Super Mario Odyssey’s under my belt, I’m ready to participate.

I credit fed my way through Haunted Castle last night. If you like crushing difficulty, horrible character animations, and poor design, this is the Castlevania game for you.

I also made another run at Streets of Rage 3. I lost. It’s way too hard. I am going to play through it on easy, I think, before taking on Bare Knuckle 3.
Return to Together Retro