Together Retro: ZAMN / Silent Hill 2

Join in on our classic gaming club!
Ack

Re: Together Retro: ZAMN / Silent Hill 2

Post by Ack »

Damm64 wrote:In what dificulty are you playing it? I always had plenty of ammo on my first playthrogh on normal.

It was a joke for the new players who don't know how tough the bosses will be or how to handle them.

Do I really need to blue text every time I make a joke?
Opa Opa

Post by Opa Opa »

No.

---

Is it possible to do a pacifist run and get the
In Water ending?

I *almost* did a no-kill run in 3 until the very end where they have those fat cancer things literally block hallways. I couldn't find a way around them. I'd like to try it out in 2. Shouldn't be that difficult.
Damm64
Next-Gen

Post by Damm64 »

Ack wrote:
Damm64 wrote:In what dificulty are you playing it? I always had plenty of ammo on my first playthrogh on normal.

It was a joke for the new players who don't know how tough the bosses will be or how to handle them.

Do I really need to blue text every time I make a joke?

Maybe... or maybe i'm just too tired and i can't distinguish between a joke and a serious statement...
noiseredux wrote:I don't lend shit and I don't borrow shit.

TEKTORO
Next-Gen

Post by TEKTORO »

Waiting to pick up another snes controller so my wife can play ZAMN with me, should be able to find/get one some time this weekend. She did have me go out and get Call of Duty World at War, so we can polish up our skills in some Nazi zombies. This game is a perfect Halloween game and my favorite out of all CODs.

Silent Hill 2 gots me stuck in an awkward, meh kinda mood. I'm still in the first building with the clock puzzle, and I must of decided to save last when I was really tired with no health (at all) and almost the whole area explored. So here's my dilemma I start from this point (the last few attempts) with not much idea of the flow I was in to solve this puzzle and keep dying trying to back track. *sigh*

Popped in RE6 on PS3 since both series are must plays at this time of year and the damn slim PS3 drive makes sooo much noise(redux I wish) just reading the game or something I think I just turned it off (after I passed out for 5hrs not knowing what happened?).
If you can see the future while remembering the past, you may just have control of the present.
ExedExes
Next-Gen

Post by ExedExes »

Updates:

ZAMN -- On Level 21. The Snakeoids never give me any trouble, because they go down fast with bazookas. 15 levels till the epic spider standoff. What was nice was finding an extra skull key in a random pile of dirt.

SH2 -- I just went all out, cleared the apartments, and took the good tip about just running around the room during the battle with Pyramid Head -- no bullets wasted :lol: It's been a while since I've played a game with cutscenes like this game has, reminds me very much of Shenmue with the multiple camera angles. Saved in front of the hospital.
Xeogred wrote:The obvious answer is that it's time for the Dreamcast 2.
Hatta
Next-Gen

Post by Hatta »

Man, not an hour into Silent Hill 2, and I'm already resorting to walkthroughs to find the damn keys. Plenty of keys in ZAMN.
We are prepared to live in the plain and die in the plain!
ExedExes
Next-Gen

Post by ExedExes »

Hatta wrote:Man, not an hour into Silent Hill 2, and I'm already resorting to walkthroughs to find the damn keys. Plenty of keys in ZAMN.

Ah, but see, keys you need in SH2 to get farther and are a bit more important than the keys in ZAMN, which are more commonplace.

Fast tip for ZAMN -- no keys to open that door? No problem! Bazookas open doors too. So will red monster potions!
Xeogred wrote:The obvious answer is that it's time for the Dreamcast 2.
Hatta
Next-Gen

Post by Hatta »

That's the problem. I can't proceed any further in the game until I retrace my steps and find the thing I missed. And in this case I didn't miss anything, I'm supposed to backtrack through an area I've already cleared. That's the kind of thing that sends me straight to walkthroughs.
We are prepared to live in the plain and die in the plain!
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

SH2: I have to say I kind of feel like I like the concept of Silent Hill 2 more than actually playing it. If that makes sense? For instance, I think the opening walk into town is an incredibly brilliant opening. It sets a tone. It's banal. It's somber. It's lonely. It's creepy. These are all reasons I think it's a great inclusion. But it's also a really boring thing to do as a game player.

I love the look of the game. I adore the music. I like the story.

But I'm with Hatta, and can feel a bit frustrated figuring out what I'm supposed to do next sometimes. I can see myself resorting to walkthroughs if I stand a chance to see the ending.

ZAMN: I'm gonna try to pick up a copy tomorrow. My local shop had a cart-only last time I was there. If they still have it, I'll give it a go. It pains me to buy cart-only, but I'm sure I can find a case/manual later. I feel like this will be a fun one to co-op with my wife.
AppleQueso

Post by AppleQueso »

noiseredux wrote:SH2: I have to say I kind of feel like I like the concept of Silent Hill 2 more than actually playing it. If that makes sense? For instance, I think the opening walk into town is an incredibly brilliant opening. It sets a tone. It's banal. It's somber. It's lonely. It's creepy. These are all reasons I think it's a great inclusion. But it's also a really boring thing to do as a game player.

I love the look of the game. I adore the music. I like the story.

But I'm with Hatta, and can feel a bit frustrated figuring out what I'm supposed to do next sometimes. I can see myself resorting to walkthroughs if I stand a chance to see the ending.

Maybe it's just me, but I've always found these kinds of games very intuitive. There's a certain logic to everything that just makes a lot of sense to me I guess, and I very rarely have trouble figuring out what to do or where to go in any game like this.

Hm.