Together Retro: ZAMN / Silent Hill 2

Join in on our classic gaming club!
Opa Opa

Re: Together Retro: ZAMN / Silent Hill 2

Post by Opa Opa »

I don't know why you guys are having trouble with sh2. It's a fairly linear game.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

Just posted on the official Silent Hill Facebook page is the most comprehensive up to date Silent Hill map yet. This is exciting! I have often dreamed of a completed map of Silent Hill. This map was made by Silent Hill fans Damian Christensen and Anthony Luzier. It includes all we have explored in Silent Hill, including Downpour, and areas a bit outside SH. Check it out past the break!

To get the MASSIVE full sized image for yourself, click HERE! Be careful, it’s HUGE!

http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/428/ ... illmap.png

...I feel like this would be something pretty awesome to print and frame.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

noiseredux wrote:
Just posted on the official Silent Hill Facebook page is the most comprehensive up to date Silent Hill map yet. This is exciting! I have often dreamed of a completed map of Silent Hill. This map was made by Silent Hill fans Damian Christensen and Anthony Luzier. It includes all we have explored in Silent Hill, including Downpour, and areas a bit outside SH. Check it out past the break!

To get the MASSIVE full sized image for yourself, click HERE! Be careful, it’s HUGE!

http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/428/ ... illmap.png

...I feel like this would be something pretty awesome to print and frame.

It would, but I think the fog effect is a bit overdone...it's great in a browser where you can zoom, but I can see it not translating well to actual paper.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

good point, though maybe if you could get it printed poster-sized?
AppleQueso

Post by AppleQueso »

Printing that large would be the only way to do it if you ask me.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

Might have been completely obvious to some or not, but it's worth noting James will usually "look" in the direction of items and such.

Big fan of classic RE styled games and just got through SH1, so I guess I was prepped pretty well for SH2. Not to mention the updating maps thing is pretty handy. Not having any trouble myself... of course, I did years ago when I got stuck on that Pyramid Head encounter haha.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

The hospital was pretty easy in SH1 I thought, and even easier here.

Up at that Historical Society building.
ExedExes
Next-Gen

Post by ExedExes »

More updates.

ZAMN -- successfully cleared the Level 36 boss! Took some patience, a lot of medkits, and some extra Bazooka ammo. In 1994 I thought it was the hardest thing ever, getting to the point where I left a post on the AOL Video Games bulletin board, but 19 years later, it was a cakewalk. How the times have changed. Got the password from that and will continue forward.

SH2 -- Finished the hospital, historical society, prison, and labyrinth. Spoilers ahead.

Longest. Stairwell. Ever.

Seriously, HOW MANY FREAKING HOLES DO WE GOTTA JUMP THROUGH? James should have had his legs broke clean off after all that.

How the heck did Eddie of all people manage to get down there too?

I conserved way too much ammo, so I'm starting to burn some off.
Xeogred wrote:The obvious answer is that it's time for the Dreamcast 2.
Ack

Post by Ack »

ExedExes wrote:More updates.

ZAMN -- successfully cleared the Level 36 boss! Took some patience, a lot of medkits, and some extra Bazooka ammo. In 1994 I thought it was the hardest thing ever, getting to the point where I left a post on the AOL Video Games bulletin board, but 19 years later, it was a cakewalk. How the times have changed. Got the password from that and will continue forward.

SH2 -- Finished the hospital, historical society, prison, and labyrinth. Spoilers ahead.

Longest. Stairwell. Ever.

Seriously, HOW MANY FREAKING HOLES DO WE GOTTA JUMP THROUGH? James should have had his legs broke clean off after all that.

How the heck did Eddie of all people manage to get down there too?

I conserved way too much ammo, so I'm starting to burn some off.

Yeah, some of the ridiculousness of SH2, with the holes and the letter, gets mocked later in the series. SH3 has some great hidden gags on SH2 if you know where to look.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

Beat SH2.

Leave ending.

Mind blown.

But seriously that is easily one of the best final stretches in a game I've seen in awhile. The density was crazy.