Together Retro: ZAMN / Silent Hill 2

Join in on our classic gaming club!
pierrot
Next-Gen

Re: Together Retro: ZAMN / Silent Hill 2

Post by pierrot »

Now I remember why I was so interested in trying to find ZAMN the last eight months—.

Oh well. I might emulate, or I might just forget almost entirely, again.

Edit: I loved ZAMN as a kid. I never actually owned it, but I used to rent the Genesis version, and played the SNES version a bit at a friend's house. I don't think I ever made it very far, though. I haven't really played it ever since, either. Would be a good time to see if it's still as good as I remember.
jay_red
Next-Gen

Post by jay_red »

I think I am going to try Silent Hill 2, I have never played any of the series, and this seems to be the most popular by far.

As for Zombies, I got it a few months back and played it for a bit, and while it was pretty fun, the difficulity after level 3 (I think) ramped up quite a bit, and I didnt try it again.
My trade thread, updated 7/14
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=30531&p=421248#p421248
Hatta
Next-Gen

Post by Hatta »

Yes, this is a hard game. I played it a lot as a kid, but with a game genie.
We are prepared to live in the plain and die in the plain!
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

ZAMN has some pretty awesome music in it.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
ExedExes
Next-Gen

Post by ExedExes »

I have had ZAMN for the SNES for many years. Great game that is always enjoyable. I can't wait to make it to Level 36 and that damn spider boss, it has always been the point I couldn't make it past.

I also got SH2 for the PC, for a rather decent price. I didn't realize how un-common it really is. I'll have it installed tonight.

For those of you playing ZAMN -- start by entering password BCDF -- completing the bonus level gets you an early edge with items and weapons.
Xeogred wrote:The obvious answer is that it's time for the Dreamcast 2.
TEKTORO
Next-Gen

Post by TEKTORO »

I have waited for this moment all my life..

I haven't gave ZAMN a hard go since I was a kid, as I mentioned before this game has more than the 55 levels as the cover shows. I actually made it up to some where between 105-109 and it kept on going so I gave up then when I realized I was way past the 55 mark (No cheats, just level passwords I gathered). I also Have Ghoul Patrol and Oh No More ZAMN but not sure if Ill get to play them all through. My wife has been going in on a lot of my gaming sessions as of late and she's ready to go hard and retro with ZAMN.

Silent Hill 2 I will pop in the PS3 HD updated version, which I have a early game save already in. I have played a couple of hours of Downpour here and there over the last couple of weeks and I love it, so far its been as much of a mind fuck as SH4 (both which are overlooked for SH games imo). :)
If you can see the future while remembering the past, you may just have control of the present.
Hatta
Next-Gen

Post by Hatta »

I got to level 6, about 48000 points the first time I played. There's a lot of room for improvement.
We are prepared to live in the plain and die in the plain!
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

I would play Zombies Ate My Neighbors, but A. I need another person to play with and B. I don't want to lose my mind with attempting to beat it.

I haven't gotten into the Silent Hills series before... does it matter which game I start with?
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
jay_red
Next-Gen

Post by jay_red »

What version is considered the "best" for Silent Hill 2? I can play it on basically anything that it was released for. Like is the HD version way better than the ps2/xbox ones?
My trade thread, updated 7/14
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=30531&p=421248#p421248