Together Retro: Road Rash

Join in on our classic gaming club!
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Re: Together Retro: Road Rash

Post by dsheinem »

interview about past and future of Road Rash: viewtopic.php?f=43&t=43637&p=777173#p777173
ExedExes
Next-Gen

Post by ExedExes »

Road Rash 2 complete.

I still maintain that this is the best in the series. Also, I take back what I said about the Nitro Class bikes. It is a MUST for Level 5. Save the cash and get the Diablo 1000 N. You'll catch up to the top of the pack fast, and stay there :lol:

This game still has no real ending here. It loops again.

Gotta love crashing on the top of a hill. I believe I can fly!

On to Road Rash 3!
Xeogred wrote:The obvious answer is that it's time for the Dreamcast 2.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

dsheinem wrote:interview about past and future of Road Rash: viewtopic.php?f=43&t=43637&p=777173#p777173

anyone give this a listen yet? :?
AppleQueso

Post by AppleQueso »

dsheinem wrote:
dsheinem wrote:interview about past and future of Road Rash: viewtopic.php?f=43&t=43637&p=777173#p777173

I have!
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

AppleQueso wrote:
dsheinem wrote:

I have!

:lol:
ExedExes
Next-Gen

Post by ExedExes »

I started Road Rash 3, and man, I wish I could go back to RR2. The graphics take on the color of puke in all aspects, as it is clear they tried to make them more digitized and lifelife. The sound is headache inducing as it is clear Rob Hubbard had NO involvement in this whatsoever. The fighting is uninspired and bland as it is clear that they wanted the CPU to be more aggressive and annoying in its tactics. It seems your hits don't even connect half the time because you are never lined up right with the opponents. The weapons don't even have that same effectiveness they once did, they do as much damage as punches. The bike shop is also not as nice as it was in RR2, not even listing the HP and weight of the bikes like that game did which could help influence a better purchasing decision, and even though you can buy parts & improvements, they don't even enhance the trade in value of your bike (unless they are permanent upgrades and I'm not about to spend any hard earned cash to find out) The only few positive things I found so far are:

1) Control is slightly more responsive which means that you won't skid around as much

2) You can keep a weapon from race to race

3) The menu screen looks pretty cool. That's it.

In the spirit of Together Retro, I will play this to the end, but I dread having to clear 20 more courses in 4 more levels. Dammit.
TheGregzilla
24-bit

Post by TheGregzilla »

Im about to fire up the first game on Genesis, I don't think Ive ever played Road Rash before so here we go...

EDIT: And at first glance, I appear to suck at it haha. You are really penalized for wrecking I see
ExedExes
Next-Gen

Post by ExedExes »

TheGregzilla wrote:Im about to fire up the first game on Genesis, I don't think Ive ever played Road Rash before so here we go...

EDIT: And at first glance, I appear to suck at it haha. You are really penalized for wrecking I see

It really depends on how good your bike is, the level you're on, and how much more distance you have left. If you have a great bike like the Diablo 1000 on Level 4 or 5 and crash before 11 miles have passed, you have a good chance to recover.
TheGregzilla
24-bit

Post by TheGregzilla »

Well I couldnt figure out how to buy a new bike at first so I was using the same one on every level. Out of the 5 (I think) first levels, My first try I managed 2 First places, 1 second, 1 third (IIRC) and 1 way out in like 9th (bad wreck that sent me flying from my bike in a close race)
GSZX1337
Next-Gen

Post by GSZX1337 »

TheGregzilla wrote:You are really penalized for wrecking I see

Yep, it's not like modern games where you just respawn. You actually have to wait for your character to run to his bike. It can be agonizing when you get your ass plowed by a car and are propelled back a long way. :lol:
casterofdreams wrote:On PC I want MOAR FPS!!!|