Mushihime-sama Futari Ver 1.5 Mini review

Show your reviewing skills by collaborating with other forums members to review games of all ages.
Segata
Next-Gen

Mushihime-sama Futari Ver 1.5 Mini review

Post by Segata »

Mushihime-sama Futari Ver 1.5

This might be one of the best Cave shooters out there. Cave shoot em ups re generally great to begin with. Always with a great OST. Instead of space ships you are a person riding a dragon. So a top down view bullet hell Panzer Dragoon? Eh..sure I guess. Games nothing alike but ok. You shoot mainly giant fantasy lizards,reptiles and insects. Like any cave shooter you upgrade your weapon as you progress. Beautiful 2D sprites as always.

Boss fights can be screen filling dragons and other creatures.

The game has 4 modes. Score Attack. Arrange Mode. 1.5. Black Label. Score attack is basically survive. Arrange mode is you play both characters. 1.5 I think is made just for the 360 port. Collect more gems and easier. Black label not sure as I have not unlocked it yet. It was 3 difficulty settings. Original. Maniac and Ultra. The game is only a challenge if you care about score. If you are a credit hound you can beat any mode.

More than just bullet hell on Ultra mode.

The game just plays smoother in control and response than most Cave games to me. I mentioned it before but Cave games always have a great OST. Akai Katana to me might be the best but Mush is no slouch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OEBusLEuuE

Great game is you like shooters. If you care about score this game is a challenge. If you don't then like any Cave game you can blaze through it. Japan only but import friendly on a region free Xbox 360.

My final rating is a waifu with anime boobs riding a dragon/10
Last edited by Segata on Tue May 30, 2017 4:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
dunpeal2064
Next-Gen

Re: Mushihime-sama Futari Ver 1.5 Mini review

Post by dunpeal2064 »

Cool, glad you enjoyed your time with the game.

Since its a review and not just a post, I figure it might be worth mentioning that some of your information is not correct. If you want I can point these out, if you'd rather leave it as is thats fine too. :)
Segata
Next-Gen

Post by Segata »

Correct what you need to. I copied and pasted from another forum I post at. Wrote it in a hurry.
dunpeal2064
Next-Gen

Post by dunpeal2064 »

Fo sho!

So, the modes:

1.5 (Arcade/360): This is the port of the arcade game. Arcade/360 are just resolution options. Its the core game, so its not really easier (Though I'm not sure what you were saying its easier than, to be fair)

Arrange: This was the 360-exclusive mode.

Black Label: This is a port of the Black Label remix, which was also released in arcades. It is dlc, and costs $14.99. There is no way to unlock it in-game. The dlc is able to be purchased on the US Marketplace. This mode also has Arcade and 360 options.

There is a fourth mode, 1.01, but it is only accessible via a dlc voucher that was included in first print runs and limited editions. It was the very first version of the game released in arcades.

Score Attack: This isn't so much a mode, its the same as normal play, except you can't continue/restart. Its the option you would pick if you wanted your run to be uploaded to the leaderboards. Each mode has a Score Attack option.

The difficulties are in each mode as well (With Black Label replacing "Ultra" with "God").

Lastly, the crazy screen you used to show off Ultra mode, while indeed crazy, is actually a joke screen. Its not in the game, and its actually not even in the game's resolution. It does get the point across I suppose. :lol:

That was pretty much it as far as the objective stuff goes. Since you mention scoring (hard), and credit-feeding (impossible to lose), maybe mentioning going for a 1cc (pretty medium difficulty on Normal) would be nice, just to close the gap and make the game not seem impossible to play. Thats just personal preference though, just thought I'd throw it out there :)

Always glad to see love for this game, its my favorite game ever made, so thanks for the mini review!