Show your reviewing skills by collaborating with other forums members to review games of all ages.
User avatar
sayewonn
128-bit
 
Posts: 668
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:15 pm
Location: Providence, RI

Battle Clash

by sayewonn Fri Aug 20, 2021 11:40 am

https://www.classic-games.net/battle-clash/

A great game and one of the best reasons to own a Super Scope 6.
http://www.classic-games.net

Updated every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday
Like us on facebook:https://www.facebook.com/classicgames.net/
User avatar
sayewonn
128-bit
 
Posts: 668
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:15 pm
Location: Providence, RI

Virtua Cop

by sayewonn Mon Aug 23, 2021 10:09 am

https://www.classic-games.net/virtua-cop/

An excellent port of a great arcade game.
http://www.classic-games.net

Updated every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday
Like us on facebook:https://www.facebook.com/classicgames.net/
User avatar
o.pwuaioc
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 8071
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:59 pm
Location: NYC

Re: Virtua Cop

by o.pwuaioc Mon Aug 23, 2021 2:33 pm

sayewonn wrote:https://www.classic-games.net/virtua-cop/

An excellent port of a great arcade game.

Virtua Cop and House of the Dead are the main reasons why I own a CRT still. I'm sure a mouse is doable (fun even), but for me most of the allure comes from the physical aspect, standing up, taking a shot, aiming with your eyes, shooting off-screen to reload. Fun times.
User avatar
marurun
Moderator
 
Posts: 10803
Joined: Sat May 06, 2006 8:51 am
Location: Cleveland, OH

Re: Virtua Cop

by marurun Mon Aug 23, 2021 4:12 pm

o.pwuaioc wrote:
sayewonn wrote:https://www.classic-games.net/virtua-cop/

An excellent port of a great arcade game.

Virtua Cop and House of the Dead are the main reasons why I own a CRT still. I'm sure a mouse is doable (fun even), but for me most of the allure comes from the physical aspect, standing up, taking a shot, aiming with your eyes, shooting off-screen to reload. Fun times.


Related anecdote: when I was in Japan much longer ago than it actually feels like in my memory, one of the guys I knew there was from the Philippines and had already been through his mandatory military service. Apparently he had been a very good marksman. We would go to play House of the Dead 2 or one of the other light gun games and he'd make pretty short order of most of the challenges as he was accurate and fast. He had a neat trick for reloading, too. You keep your hand under the pistol to support it when shooting, but then you bring your cupped fingers up to cover the barrel and fire to do a reload without losing your aiming position. It was basically an end-run around having to aim off-screen.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
User avatar
o.pwuaioc
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 8071
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:59 pm
Location: NYC

Re: Virtua Cop

by o.pwuaioc Mon Aug 23, 2021 4:32 pm

marurun wrote:
o.pwuaioc wrote:
sayewonn wrote:https://www.classic-games.net/virtua-cop/

An excellent port of a great arcade game.

Virtua Cop and House of the Dead are the main reasons why I own a CRT still. I'm sure a mouse is doable (fun even), but for me most of the allure comes from the physical aspect, standing up, taking a shot, aiming with your eyes, shooting off-screen to reload. Fun times.


Related anecdote: when I was in Japan much longer ago than it actually feels like in my memory, one of the guys I knew there was from the Philippines and had already been through his mandatory military service. Apparently he had been a very good marksman. We would go to play House of the Dead 2 or one of the other light gun games and he'd make pretty short order of most of the challenges as he was accurate and fast. He had a neat trick for reloading, too. You keep your hand under the pistol to support it when shooting, but then you bring your cupped fingers up to cover the barrel and fire to do a reload without losing your aiming position. It was basically an end-run around having to aim off-screen.


Definitely copying this! Thanks for the tip!
User avatar
sayewonn
128-bit
 
Posts: 668
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:15 pm
Location: Providence, RI

Re: www.classic-games.net

by sayewonn Wed Aug 25, 2021 6:28 am

I love anecdotes like this.
http://www.classic-games.net

Updated every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday
Like us on facebook:https://www.facebook.com/classicgames.net/
User avatar
sayewonn
128-bit
 
Posts: 668
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:15 pm
Location: Providence, RI

Medievil

by sayewonn Wed Aug 25, 2021 12:09 pm

https://www.classic-games.net/medievil/

A truly great game that scratches that Ghosts n Goblins itch even if they are wildly different games.
http://www.classic-games.net

Updated every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday
Like us on facebook:https://www.facebook.com/classicgames.net/
User avatar
sayewonn
128-bit
 
Posts: 668
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:15 pm
Location: Providence, RI

B;anjo Kazooie

by sayewonn Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:44 am

https://www.classic-games.net/banjo-kazooie/

Still just as great today as it was back then although the collectathon creep of the later Rare games starts here.
http://www.classic-games.net

Updated every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday
Like us on facebook:https://www.facebook.com/classicgames.net/
User avatar
sayewonn
128-bit
 
Posts: 668
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:15 pm
Location: Providence, RI

Ikari III: the Rescue

by sayewonn Mon Aug 30, 2021 11:22 am

https://www.classic-games.net/ikari-iii-the-rescue/

A big improvement on the home ports of the first two games and a good game in its own right.
http://www.classic-games.net

Updated every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday
Like us on facebook:https://www.facebook.com/classicgames.net/
User avatar
sayewonn
128-bit
 
Posts: 668
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:15 pm
Location: Providence, RI

Task Force Harrier EX

by sayewonn Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:28 pm

https://www.classic-games.net/task-force-harrier-ex/

A pretty good arcade port and a solid game overall. Little too long for its own good but I digress.
http://www.classic-games.net

Updated every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday
Like us on facebook:https://www.facebook.com/classicgames.net/
Return to Game Reviews

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests