The Sega Genesis Challenge

Show your reviewing skills by collaborating with other forums members to review games of all ages.
finerion
64-bit

Re: The Sega Genesis Challenge

Post by finerion »

Gunstar Green wrote:As a self-proclaimed Genesis aficionado this is a highly entertaining feature for me.

I'm really glad you ended up liking Ranger X. I think it's a fantastic game that a lot of people don't give a chance due to the learning curve of its controls.

I'm off to watch the rest of your stuff now.

I'm glad you're enjoying the series. I really have a lot of fun making the videos. I've got a few more Genesis titles left and then I will start branching into my Master System collection.
finerion
64-bit

Post by finerion »

Part 12 has been posted. Check out how well I handle the controls in Sub-Terrania!
Gunstar Green
Next-Gen

Post by Gunstar Green »

It's always entertaining watching people play Sub-Terrania for the first time. It never ends well.

Once you get used to it the game can be pretty fun but the learning curve is intense. It's not as hard as it appears the problem is the gameplay mechanics aren't very clear (the fuel pods, weapon upgrades, mission objectives) and it requires some level memorization. I've never beaten it but I've gotten to the final level (the last few levels make things even more insane by introducing underwater environments and acid that eats through your shields).

You can reverse by pressing up by the way! The options menu actually includes a little practice area that shows you the controls and a much needed easy mode that lets your shields take a lot more punishment.

I remember getting this one for X-Mas when it was fairly new. I don't know if I'd have the patience to learn to play it if I was just exposed to it today though.
finerion
64-bit

Post by finerion »

Thanks for the tips Gunstar! I probably will give it another try in the future. After I made the video I did look around the options menu and will definitely try it again on easy. It was painful to play, but in a humorous way though. :lol:
hashiriya1
Next-Gen

Post by hashiriya1 »

Thank you for that. The Sub-Terrania video was entertaining. I have never played that game and it seems rather difficult. I am going to give it a shot if I ever see it for sale a a good price.
finerion
64-bit

Post by finerion »

Uploaded new videos for The Adventures of Batman and Robin, Eternal Champions, and Strider II. Enjoy!
finerion
64-bit

Post by finerion »

New links added for Outrun 2019 and Bio-Hazard Battle.
finerion
64-bit

Post by finerion »

Added Crue Ball and Twin Cobra to the lineup. Plenty more to come!
finerion
64-bit

Post by finerion »

Added three more videos, Fatal Rewind, Kid Chameleon, and Pac Attack. Hoping you guys continue to enjoy! If you like what you see and want to keep up to date on when I post new content feel free to subscribe to my RSS feed at the top of the page. Thanks!
finerion
64-bit

Post by finerion »

5 new Sega Genesis Challenge videos uploaded. Can't believe that makes over 25 videos so far!