Video subforum rules change

Post game-related video clips here
marurun

Video subforum rules change

Post by marurun »

Hey all.

We want to thank you for sharing your great videos with our community. We also want to make you aware of an adjustment to our posting rules for this subforum.

In many of the subforums here, we ask regular posters to confine their posts to a single thread, so that the forum doesn't get cluttered. Those of you who have video series that come out regularly, or irregularly but somewhat frequently, are now asked to maintain a single omnibus thread. You can use your first post as a table of contents and link to new videos as you add them, but make sure to add new videos as a post at the end of your thread. This will bump your thread to the top and help keep the forum from getting even more cluttered.

This is not a punitive decision aimed at anyone or meant to be onerous or disruptive. It is simply an attempt to streamline this part of the forum, which has become a bit cluttered due to how many prolific video creators are sharing their work here.

Feel free to leave feedback in this thread.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Ziggy

Re: Video subforum rules change

Post by Ziggy »

Here's a great example: viewtopic.php?f=32&t=44288

One-off threads will clutter the forum, yes, but they'll also keep me (and probably others) from watching some videos. How frequently and how much of the forum I browse goes up and down depending on what I've got going on in life. During the times that I'm not visiting as often, or as much of the forum at a time, I'll miss one-off threads because they eventually get bumped down and down. If there's one thread, I can always see it in "view your posts". Even if I miss one or two additions, I'll eventually find it there and then be able to see ALL videos that I've missed.

tl;dr - One thread = more views for your videos. 8)
Flake

Post by Flake »

Ziggy587 wrote:Here's a great example: viewtopic.php?f=32&t=44288

One-off threads will clutter the forum, yes, but they'll also keep me (and probably others) from watching some videos. How frequently and how much of the forum I browse goes up and down depending on what I've got going on in life. During the times that I'm not visiting as often, or as much of the forum at a time, I'll miss one-off threads because they eventually get bumped down and down. If there's one thread, I can always see it in "view your posts". Even if I miss one or two additions, I'll eventually find it there and then be able to see ALL videos that I've missed.

tl;dr - One thread = more views for your videos. 8)

It may also behoove the video creators to create a makeshift index by updating the first post in their thread with URL tags.
Maybe now Nintendo will acknowledge Metroid has a fanbase?
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

Shouldn't this thread be a sticky? It got bumped down a bit. Or, add a link to this thread in the forum rules thread?

Also, I feel like most people post their YouTube links in the Game Reviews sub forum, and not the Videos sub forum.