Post game-related video clips here
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

Re: Read Before Posting: Resizing images for posting

by Hobie-wan Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:59 pm

CRTGAMER wrote:Maybe throw this in the Instructions to emphasize the picture size limit? Even hidden behind a Spoiler, a 3000 wide picture delays a page load.

Well, in sales and find threads large pictures are fine. Elsewhere, not so much. But really the big problem recently is that people are taking pictures with a potato, while jumping on a trampoline, with just a 20 watt bulb lighting up the room, or combinations thereof.

After taking your picture, view it full natural resolution, not fit to screen. If it looks like it is made of sand, redo it. If you're a yard/meter from your subject or closer, turn on the macro setting. If you don't have one or can't figure it out, don't be that close to your subject. Be further away so it will be in focus and zoom or crop. If you can't hold still while taking the picture or your camera is on a really slow setting, use something so steady yourself. Prop your elbows on the back of your chair or hold your camera against a broom standing on the floor or something. Turn on some lights or take pictures outside on your patio or stoop. Low light can also cause graininess if the camera is struggling to take a picture. If you're using a flash, do not point perfectly perpendicular to anything glossy of you'll get a glare. scoot back angle the camera a little. If you have plenty of other light that's off to the side, you can point straight at the subject.

/rant
mikezilla2

Re: Read Before Posting: Forum Guidelines UPDATED APRIL 2014

by mikezilla2 Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:38 am

can you list dvds/ blu rays ?
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

by Hobie-wan Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:54 pm

mikezilla2 wrote:can you list dvds/ blu rays ?

Do you mean in the trade section? If so, the answer is yes, but be sure to read the specific BST section rules that are stickied there.
SaturnHST
24-bit

by SaturnHST Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:10 pm

What happened to the Racketboy Store? There's nothing there anymore.
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

by Hobie-wan Sat Nov 15, 2014 12:16 am

SaturnHST wrote:What happened to the Racketboy Store? There's nothing there anymore.

He had a blowout sale earlier this year to clear it out.
Ziggy587

by Ziggy587 Sat Nov 15, 2014 12:49 am

I think there was a thread about it. I'm too lazy to search for it right now. IIRC, he said something about eventually bringing it back.
I'm parting with some duplicate Blu-Ray and DVD movies. Check out this thread if interested.
fastbilly1
Site Admin

by fastbilly1 Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:24 pm

There was not enough manpower to handle the store, the site, and the sister site and store that Racket makes his living with. Especially with his new child. So most of this site's issues are handled by myself, a 3rd party backend developer, and ofcourse the moderation team handling the actual moderation of the forum, and the store had a firesale. If it comes back it will be down the road a good bit.
Betagam7
128-bit

by Betagam7 Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:34 am

Did something happen to the site over the last few days? I couldn't access it at all and now I notice that a bunch of posts I made and replies to posts have vanished since it returned...
Return to Videos