Who Has Official Dreamcast Magazines?

Discussion of scanning, archiving, and printing things such as magazines, manuals, video captures, and game covers
BurningDoom
Next-Gen

Re: Who Has Official Dreamcast Magazines?

Post by BurningDoom »

lisalover1 wrote:I've only been able to find 2 issues online, 0 and 1. I wish this project would pick up again, as I'm sure many DC fans would as well.

Just was looking around online for Dreamcast issues and stumbled across this thread.

I have to ask, where did you find issue #1? I can find only #0. I did find #1 on RetroMags, but then it turned out to be a corrupted file, or something, because no matter how many times I downloaded it, when I went to unzip it I was told it was empty.
Game Trade/Want List:
http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=28206

Consoles Owned: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, Super GB, N64, Gamecube, GB Player, Wii, Sega Power Base Converter, Genesis, Saturn, Dreamcast, TurboGrafx-16, PlayStation, PS2 Slim, XBox, XBox 360, Game Boy, GBC, GBA-SP, DS, Game Gear, GG Master Converter
CD AGES
Next-Gen

Post by CD AGES »

I have every issue of ODCM. A wonderful Mag!
I also have a mini issue that gamepro released titled: Dreamcast Survival Guide.

Alas... I have no scanner...
GameMasterGuy
Next-Gen

Post by GameMasterGuy »

I was thinking of buying physical copies of these, how much would you guys say I should be willing to dish out per issue?
Is that a 3DS XL in your pocket, or are you just glad to see me? ~ZeroAX
CD AGES
Next-Gen

Post by CD AGES »

They r pretty pricey, usually due to getting into constant bidding wars you go through for them.
BurningDoom
Next-Gen

Post by BurningDoom »

CD AGES wrote:They r pretty pricey, usually due to getting into constant bidding wars you go through for them.

Those and early Nintendo Power issues. It's ridiculous how much they go for online.
Game Trade/Want List:

Consoles Owned: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, Super GB, N64, Gamecube, GB Player, Wii, Sega Power Base Converter, Genesis, Saturn, Dreamcast, TurboGrafx-16, PlayStation, PS2 Slim, XBox, XBox 360, Game Boy, GBC, GBA-SP, DS, Game Gear, GG Master Converter
Radical Lanzar
24-bit

Post by Radical Lanzar »

I wouldn't mind seeing a fully scanned collection of ODCM online. I found the humor they employed in their magazines funny. I'm sad to see it only went out of publication after a short time (was it two years?).
1, 9, 9, 2, 1, 1, 2, 4, - 19, 65, 9, 17, - 4, 1, 2, 6,
BurningDoom
Next-Gen

Post by BurningDoom »

Radical Lanzar wrote:I wouldn't mind seeing a fully scanned collection of ODCM online. I found the humor they employed in their magazines funny. I'm sad to see it only went out of publication after a short time (was it two years?).

12 issues is what I've read, while looking for them online. That means if they published on schedule, that's 1 full year.
Game Trade/Want List:

GameMasterGuy
Next-Gen

Post by GameMasterGuy »

13, if you count the elusive issue 0.
Is that a 3DS XL in your pocket, or are you just glad to see me? ~ZeroAX
aaron
Next-Gen

Post by aaron »

BurningDoom wrote:
Radical Lanzar wrote:I wouldn't mind seeing a fully scanned collection of ODCM online. I found the humor they employed in their magazines funny. I'm sad to see it only went out of publication after a short time (was it two years?).

12 issues is what I've read, while looking for them online. That means if they published on schedule, that's 1 full year.

i believe they were bi-monthly.
Steam / PSN / Twitter: aaronjohnmiller
Jerkface Killah
32-bit

Post by Jerkface Killah »

Any update on this project? I'd love to read through some of those DC mags. I went to RetroMags but their download links are hosted with MegaUpload, which as we all know, is no longer with us.
JFK