Discussion of scanning, archiving, and printing things such as magazines, manuals, video captures, and game covers
SNESdrunk
Next-Gen

Re: The Official Cover/Label/Scan Request Thread

by SNESdrunk Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:55 pm

Just stumbled upon it looking for something else and I knew someone here needed it

I could use high res scans of the following SNES box covers, front and back:

Bust-A-Move
Firepower 2000
John Madden Football
Ken Griffey Jr Presents Major League Baseball
Madden NFL '95
Mickey Mania
NBA Jam
NBA Live 96
NHL 96
SimCity
Super Bomberman
Super Tennis
WWF Royal Rumble
Ziggy587

by Ziggy587 Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:09 pm

I believe I have a SimCity box. I'll try and remember to look tomorrow.
I'm parting with some duplicate Blu-Ray and DVD movies. Check out this thread if interested.
SNESdrunk
Next-Gen

by SNESdrunk Mon May 25, 2015 9:20 am

Add the SNES version of Street Racer (NA) to the above list
Ziggy587

by Ziggy587 Mon May 25, 2015 7:45 pm

You still need the Sim City box?

My problem right now is that my new scanner is awful.
I'm parting with some duplicate Blu-Ray and DVD movies. Check out this thread if interested.
Soldier Blue
128-bit

by Soldier Blue Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:13 pm

Anyone have a scan of Dragon Force for the Saturn? mycoverproject.net only had the black UK version. I need the front manual and the back insert+spine.
Racketboy and Seller Feedback: Racketboy +7,
Video Price Charting Store:
https://www.pricecharting.com/offers?se ... rni7irmnam
TEKTORO
Next-Gen

by TEKTORO Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:02 am

Soldier Blue wrote:Anyone have a scan of Dragon Force for the Saturn? mycoverproject.net only had the black UK version. I need the front manual and the back insert+spine.

Dude, no Working Designs games should ever be replaced with scans. Do you know the love that goes in to those manuals! It's actually part of the whole experience :)

Edit: we're talking about a company that went out of business for providing their fans with such items.
If you can see the future while remembering the past, you may just have control of the present.
Ziggy587

by Ziggy587 Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:51 pm

I threw together a couple of labels for myself today so I figured I'd share.

Sd2snes:

I grabbed the Sd2snes logos from a quick Google search, so I'm not taking any credit for that stuff! They're quick cut and pastes, nothing special, but I thought I'd share since I have them.

My Sd2snes is in an NTSC-U shell, but I didn't want that top spine part of the label for a few reasons, so I threw this together:

W = 3.23 inches, H = 1.443 inchesImage

Of course, I'm thinking that most people will want that spine part of the label, and it was easy enough for me to copy and paste. Also, I took out the revision and manufacture date so you can add your own if you want, and I left the top blank so you can do whatever you want there as well.

Width = 3.23 inches, Height = 1.77 inchesImage

I also did a quick hack for a back label. I wanted the IGR buttons there because I'll never remember all of them, and that seems much more useful to me than silly cautions.

W = 3.123 inches, H = 1.25 inches

FDSSTICK:

I couldn't find the FDS font, so I just took the DISK SYSTEM letters and jumbled them to make FDSSTICK. I had to replicate an F and a C. The F looks OK, but I couldn't get the C to look right so I just gave up. It'll probably look a lot less impressive now that I've said that...

W = 1.333 inches, H = 0.603 inches

That C bothered me though, and I couldn't find a font that I liked, so I used the Super Mario font. I did it as a sort of joke, but after looking at it, I kinda like it.

W = 1.333 inches, H = 0.603 inches

edit: I forgot to stroke the FDSSTICK images, it makes cutting them out a lot easier!
Benex
8-bit

by Benex Sun Jun 04, 2017 2:49 am

I make my own labels for Sega Genesis/Famicom bootlegs (I collect them). Some of them have no label or the label is in bad shape. Also I've made some Sega Genesis/SNES ones.

This one was for Road Fighter for famicom

Joe & Mac for Famicom
Return to Archiving & Repro - Documentation and History