Growing Manual Scan Archive

Discussion of scanning, archiving, and printing things such as magazines, manuals, video captures, and game covers
onemanfilmcrew
64-bit

Growing Manual Scan Archive

Post by onemanfilmcrew »

Just wanted to let people know that over at my Facebook page I'm doing the Manual Scan of the Day. Everything is 16-Bit and earlier, includes promo material like catalogs and comics, and has some import manuals as well. Once I get my new website redesigned they will be available for download in PDF format as well.

At the moment there are 30 posted, I have another 120 scanned in, and another 150 sitting on my desk waiting to be scanned in. So even if I don't acquire another manual, there will be a new one every day for the rest of 2014.

www.facebook.com/VgaTV
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Re: Growing Manual Scan Archive

Post by dsheinem »

does this offer anything over http://www.replacementdocs.com/ ?
onemanfilmcrew
64-bit

Post by onemanfilmcrew »

dsheinem wrote:does this offer anything over http://www.replacementdocs.com/ ?

Some different titles, like the Mega Drive version of Phantasy Star II and the Hint Guide for Sword of Vermillion. Also you can actually flip through the manuals without having to download them, so if you aren't looking for something specific and just want to check out some vintage gaming manuals/artwork it's easy to do on my site.

I'm not trying to compete with them, just offering another source to look at manuals (and to have daily content for my Facebook page)
Anapan
Next-Gen

Post by Anapan »

Do you want the Gameboy Game Genie codebooks I scanned a while back? They're all large PNG files since I never converted them to proper PDF's.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
gnkreotork

Post by gnkreotork »

that right,They're all large PNG files since I never converted them to proper PDF's.thanksImage
onemanfilmcrew
64-bit

Post by onemanfilmcrew »

I did just update the site. There are 340 scans up now, all viewable in browser. There are roughly 80 Japanese manuals from the 8-16 bit eras too.

Www.theVgaTV.com