gameboy cart labels identificiation and region variants

Discussion of scanning, archiving, and printing things such as magazines, manuals, video captures, and game covers
flojocabron
Next-Gen

gameboy cart labels identificiation and region variants

Post by flojocabron »

I recently came across and bought another copy of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Fall Of The Foot Clan for Gameboy.I got it the other day at the fleamarket; and now that I put it in my case for games, I found out that the games are slightly different.

It looks like I have a UK copy of this game along with my US copy, It says Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles. And Konami on the label itself. GOOGLE search FTW!

My US copy has DMG-NT-USA and My European copy has DMG-NT-UKV

I know pretty much most all gameboy games are region free, The only real barrier is language. But have any of you guys found a game far away from its original place?

I know now with ebay and online you can get any game from anywhere, but before this, did you ever get GB games from who knows where?

Also post the regions most of your games come from. We here in North America/US have a USA on the little gray label. But racketboy members in the rest of the world; What does your gameboy labels say?

And do they look slightly different from other copies? Or maybe different language options?
2600 and jr,5200,nes/top loader, master system, intellivision, TG-16, genesis 1,2,3, SNES, snesJR, CDX, 3DOfz10, gamegear, gameboy and pocket, GBC, sega saturn, PSOne w/screen, Virtual Boy, N64, NGPC, Gameboy Advance sp, Dreamcast, Black Dreamcast, oXBOX, Playstation 2, PStwo, Gamecube, gameboy player, DS lite,DSi XL, PSP1000/3000,Wii,PS3 120gb,3DSXL, xbox 360, PSvita, PS4
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

Re: gameboy cart labels identificiation and region variants

Post by Hobie-wan »

I picked up Japanese copies of Nemesis and Tetris from Gamestops. I also picked up my German copy of Fortified Zone from another small chain store that sells movies and older games, but doesn't do imports unless people bring them in.