stickem's gaming setup

Discuss Your Gaming Environments and AV Setups
stickem
Next-Gen

Re: stickem's gaming setup

Post by stickem »

noiseredux wrote:really nice setup. Love the shelving, man. Everything neat and organized. Good stuff.

Got lucky at goodwill with the shelves, 5 bucks apiece.
Note
Next-Gen

Post by Note »

Awesome setup, stickem! Looks like a good space to hang and get some big gamer hours in. Nice Genesis and Saturn collections too, I'm a big fan of both those consoles. Cool to see some Sega CD stuff as well, which I'd like to get more into.

Also, what's that Amazing Spider-Man item at the top of the shelf? Is it a small poster?

Great stuff!
stickem
Next-Gen

Post by stickem »

it's made of wood, painted, about 20x12

my 15 year old daughter thinks I'm into marvel, which I'm not, but we were yard selling one day last year and we came across a set of these. My daughter knows spiderman is probably my favorite comic book guy and bought this with her own money for me. I couldn't really say I'm not into this stuff so I display it because she bought it for me, and that means a whole lot to me. Now I wish I had bought the rest of the set, looks pretty cool. Same for the stranger things lunch box. One of my favorite shows and she picked that up cheap for me.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

stickem wrote:
my 15 year old daughter thinks I'm into marvel, which I'm not . . . I display it because she bought it for me, and that means a whole lot to me.

:lol:

That’s a very cute story. My daughter bought me a Jurassic Park t-shirt because she thought it was a video game shirt. (She was, technically, correct since there are Jurassic Park video games.) I’m not particularly into Jurassic Park, but I nonetheless wear it all the time because: (1) it’s comfy; and (2) she gave it to me.
Anapan
Next-Gen

Post by Anapan »

Nice! Totally impressed with your collection! Love the Sega CD boxed games collection. Also didn't know you were so buff. That chair looks super comfortable, too.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
stickem
Next-Gen

Post by stickem »

Anapan wrote:Nice! Totally impressed with your collection! Love the Sega CD boxed games collection. Also didn't know you were so buff. That chair looks super comfortable, too.

Thanks, I got in on most sega cd/saturn games before the prices really took off. Also lucky none of those cases have any cracks and have good hinges. Now I just dont really see many "gems" out in the wild in my area or I just can't justify the prices anymore.

Yeah, the gym is just a part of my day now and has been for years. More so as I'm getting up there in age. Try and slow down father time a tad lol.
stickem
Next-Gen

Post by stickem »

Anapan wrote:Nice! Totally impressed with your collection! Love the Sega CD boxed games collection. Also didn't know you were so buff. That chair looks super comfortable, too.

although they look out of place they are super comfy and in good condition.

the story on them and this space. Like i said, this is a huge sucken living room that also double as a living space for 2 disabled veterans. My wife is a VA medical foster home "person?". We have an 83 and a 75 year old gentlemen that has lived with us for 5 years now. I built 2 bedrooms 12x2 down here, hung 42 inch tv's, they got medical beds etc. that's the reason you see the fire extinguisher in the pic, it's required. But, they go to an adult senior center during the day and come home in the afternoon. She feeds them, bathes them, changes them, drives to appointments. It lets her be at home in the summer with the kids, not have to call in when they're sick and all that good stuff. It's good money but really, they are part of the family. So those chairs and the TV in my gameroom doubles as their living room.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

^that's awesome. Great story. If we had a "like" button, I'd use it on this post!
stickem
Next-Gen

Post by stickem »

noiseredux wrote:^that's awesome. Great story. If we had a "like" button, I'd use it on this post!

Thank you! We had 2 others before that past away 5 years ago. Their last summer we rented a condo in destin amd took them with us. Having drunk spring breakers hit on a 72 year old man that hadn't seen the beach in ages was fucking awesome. Then we took the same guy parasailing and he had a blast. Other guy had bone cancer and refused treatment, wheelchair bound. He enjoyed just looking at hotties.
Note
Next-Gen

Post by Note »

Awesome story about your daughter gifting you the Marvel painting and the involvement with the veterans and their living space.

I like the painting though, when I have an opportunity to setup my own game room, I may have to look into getting something similar. I'm not a huge comic fan or know all the storylines and things like that, but I definitely grew up checking out Marvel comics and the cartoons that were on TV at the time.