by AznKhmerBoi Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:52 am

Awesome collection. Love it!
PSN- jacktsang05
WiiU- jacktsang05

stickem
Next-Gen

Re: stickem's gaming setup

by stickem Sun Jan 30, 2022 4:35 pm

AznKhmerBoi wrote:Awesome collection. Love it!

Thank you! thought about displaying the saturn games better for the saturn console of the month thread but got lazy lol.

been burnt out lately. I did pick up a ti99 a couple months ago that isn't pictured. that and the trs80 were my first computers in school, so there is some nostalgia there. some great ports also, love the donkey kong port.

stickem
Next-Gen

by stickem Sun Jun 04, 2023 2:17 pm

UPDATE:

went the RGT85 route. But with ebay, which kinda was like a second job lol. On pricing, I undercut every listing on ebay. i wanted my money back, but at a fair price for both parties. probably made just a little under he did. I added alot of games after the og thread pics. I enjoyed seeing my collection, but it was time. On my gameye app, prices haven't moved and actually dropped. I thinK the market is set where it is. I kept a few systems I still want to collect for. Atari 2600, 7800 s-video modded (retrotink) , Colecovision composite modded (rertotink), PS3 fat 60G model, OG Xbox, and my Ti99a (composite thru retrotink). would like to get a little 15 in tube TV for that and sit on the desk. Everything I sold is loaded up on a SDD running retroarch on my Xbox series X, which is basically a Diablo machine lol. Not pictured is my softmodded og Xbox with everything loaded up, emulator wise, in a camper we bought.

I don't mind emulation. I just hate I can't go over to a collection of 1000 physical games and pick something out. instead i get to run down a list of 1000's file names of games on a hdd. It's just not the same, but will have to do. Alot of the money that went towards my collection my wife spent as well in the background lol. so alot of the money I made went towards her. A weekend getaway, on our anniversary, to Vegas, and a 30 ft camper. She picked that over a extravagant honeymoon we never had and paid some credit card bills off. Camping is her thing and we get to make memories everytime we head out. Anyway this is left that I'll be collection for.

Note
Next-Gen

by Note Tue Jun 06, 2023 7:58 pm

Appreciate the update, stickem! Sorry to see your Saturn and Genesis stuff go, including your prized copy of Magic Knight Rayearth, but it seems like the money went to good and important causes and fun activities. Your setup is still looking great! Looks like a cozy spot for gaming. And it's nice to see that you kept a portion of your collection to continue building on.
stickem
Next-Gen

by stickem Wed Jun 07, 2023 8:11 pm

Thanks! I guess i kept the era i was most nostalgic of. Late 70's to late 80's was what i grew up on. Plus the way prices are, it's pathetic, and the way i value retro games nosedived. Can't even afford the hobby anymore, so i'll stick to my the above systems i can still afford to buy a game for lol.
Blu
Next-Gen

by Blu Fri Jun 16, 2023 1:07 pm

I liked this post Stickems. Thanks for the update on your room. I downsized from about 500+ to where I'm at now, around 200-250. It's nice to free up some space, and put the proceeds of the sale towards things that are important to you. Like you said, your interest in the hobby has ebbed and flowed. I feel similarly about retro in general, but I do like to hang onto my absolute favorites. Glad to see what remains are the things most important to you!
stickem
Next-Gen

by stickem Fri Jun 16, 2023 5:25 pm

Hey, thanks for the kind comment.
Return to Game Rooms & Home Theater