bmoc's Gameroom Project: Remix

Discuss Your Gaming Environments and AV Setups
Note
Next-Gen

Re: bmoc's Gameroom Project: Remix

Post by Note »

Hey bmoc, I think this is a cool idea for your game room, and something I would like to do myself in the future.

I kind of like the idea of the first image you posted, but I would maybe use one of the shelves display games, and the remaining shelves to have them stored in the normal manner. Also, I really like the idea of the glass cases being used to display certain games or memorabilia. I think that would be a good way to go too.

The angled display method seems like it could be frustrating to deal with when just wanting to pull something off the shelf and place it back. I feel like it could be a procedure to put things back at the proper angle and space.

Let us know what you end up gong with!
bmoc
Next-Gen

Post by bmoc »

Note wrote:Let us know what you end up gong with!

I spent some time this weekend rearranging things in the gameroom. I moved bookshelves around to a different position and freed up a good wall for displaying games.

I plan to make some floating shelves out of 1x2's and dowel rods. I made a small proof of concept shelf and figured up how much materials I will need. When it is finished, I'll be able to display 60 games. Half of the shelves will be CD height and the other half will be tall enough for DVD cases or longboxes. The top of the shelf is cut at a 5 degree angle so the games will lean against the wall.

Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

Can't wait to see it finished!
Note
Next-Gen

Post by Note »

Thanks for sharing the pics. Awesome work on the floating shelf. Looks like a great choice!

Also look forward to seeing the finished product!
bmoc
Next-Gen

Post by bmoc »

I made steady progress throughout the week and I was able to finish the shelves today. I'm very happy with how they turned out. I purposely color matched the paint with PS1 gray by taking a memory card to Home Depot. I also went to the Southern Fried Gaming Expo on Saturday and splurged on the Armored Core games pictured on the top row. I've been wanting them for a while and I suspect that the price will only increase when Armored Core VI comes out next month.

I can't take credit for the PlayStation sign though. I got that from an Etsy seller. It is made from laser-cut acrylic. It looks really sharp. I may get some other stuff from that seller at a later date. Those Armored Core games really put a dent in my wallet.

Pardon the angle of the photo. It was really hard to find an angle without a lot of glare.
bmoc
Next-Gen

Post by bmoc »

I updated the first post with a full look at the new game room.
Note
Next-Gen

Post by Note »

Just want to say the new game room looks great, bmoc! I think you did a really good job with it.