A SEGA DC collection this good takes CD AGES

Discuss Your Gaming Environments and AV Setups
CD AGES
Next-Gen

Re: A SEGA DC collection this good takes CD AGES

Post by CD AGES »

Bump for Update. More Dreamcast magazines, Some factory sealed games and a few more JPN imports added to the collection. Thanks for watching.
pierrot
Next-Gen

Post by pierrot »

You've got the same Special Edition GGX that I do. I wonder what the odds of that are. (I'm actually kind of curious if some of them are more rare than others.)

Also, what kind of repairs did you end up having to do on those four 'broken' units?
CD AGES
Next-Gen

Post by CD AGES »

pierrot wrote:You've got the same Special Edition GGX that I do. I wonder what the odds of that are. (I'm actually kind of curious if some of them are more rare than others.)

Also, what kind of repairs did you end up having to do on those four 'broken' units?

Goodtimes. Well I made conscious decision to purchase a Type B version simply because I actually like the art on the mini CD on this one outta all the others... and it was also very cheap ;)

That's an iteresting question. I was entertaining the idea of collecting all 5 versions, but I went against it as I have other priorities with respects to other aspects of my collection.

Hmm, lemme see If I remember. Bottom left had a dirty disc motor that simply needed to get dismantled and cleaned so it can spin at proper speed again (purchased 2 weeks ago). Top left had a dead controller board that I simply replaced with a working one (purchased last month). The ones on the right I don't remember tbh as they were purchased a few months back as well as purchasing many "dead" units that I've repaired within the past 8 months. I really enjoy taking these things apart and giving them a second chance and its rather surprising how easy these things can be fixed. Many others I've fixed have either been sold or given away for free to close friends or people I feel would appreciate the console.
CD AGES
Next-Gen

Post by CD AGES »

Bump for another update to my collection thread. This time, one half of my US Dreamcast games. Starting it off with the white cases. Stay tuned for second half during the weekend hopefully.
CD AGES
Next-Gen

Post by CD AGES »

Updated my Dreamcast collection thread with more US Dreamcast games I own.

Stay tuned for more updates.
CD AGES
Next-Gen

Post by CD AGES »

Just a small update today for my collection. Items include more books (guides), Link Cables etc.
jinx
Next-Gen

Post by jinx »

This thread always makes me jealous. :?
muhanad
64-bit

Post by muhanad »

Are you collecting a complete US dreamcast library?
CD AGES
Next-Gen

Post by CD AGES »

muhanad wrote:Are you collecting a complete US dreamcast library?

No. It's crossed my mind a few times sure, but very early on I knew that I wasn't going to go for a full US library just for the sake of it. Much of what you see here I actually play or have invested time on at one point (according to my DC Collection app on my cel, I own 165 titles). I just don't see myself wanting to buy games like Spirit of Speed, Test Drive 6, NFL QBC 00, Roadsters etc. With that said there still a few titles I look forward to adding to my collection like Armada, Gauntlet, Frogger, EGG, Kao, MDK2 to name a few. And there some games which I'm curious to play like Ms. Pacman MM, Donald Duck, Omikron, Jedi Power Battles...

Thanks for cheking out my collection. May update tonite with more goods :D
Sonicx360
24-bit

Post by Sonicx360 »

Phenominal game and system collection you got there, buddy! 8) And interesting story as well. Your DC with the Capcom logo stamped on it makes me want to stamp want on my own! You can call me crazy all you want, but the DC will - and always be - my favorite gaming console of all time!
R.I.P. Megaman/Rockman: December 1987-July 2011
R.I.P. Sonicx360 (YouTube): May 3, 2006-April 19, 2009