Keep an online record/diary of games played/liked, etc?

Emu Talk Goes Here
4ppleseed
64-bit

Keep an online record/diary of games played/liked, etc?

Post by 4ppleseed »

Hi, is there an online place to keep details of your rom collections and add notes/favourites/reviews etc?

I imagine a database that already has the roms for each set and I can add details so I know I've played it or liked it and then slowly work my way through a whole collection.

Does anything like this exist? 8)
4ppleseed
64-bit

Re: Keep an online record/diary of games played/liked, etc?

Post by 4ppleseed »

Thank for these. I wasn't aware of them but like you said, they aren't really for working your way through large rom sets.

What I would love is something that pulls the details of a rom set, matches to one game per region and then I can add in details to each entry. That would be awesome.
Anapan
Next-Gen

Re: Keep an online record/diary of games played/liked, etc?

Post by Anapan »

There's a bunch of maintained databases of roms for each system, but I don't know of anything except some rom sharing sites that have individual pages that allow comments per file. Maybe offline annotating one of the databases being maintained. I haven't really checked out the new open project based off the Smokemonster Database, but I remember it was fairly complete a few years ago. It includes a lot of the rom-hacks and translations. You could download the text files and annotate them on google docs or similar after parsing or converting?
https://github.com/SmokeMonsterPacks/Ev ... s-Database
There's links to some similar projects at the bottom of the linked page. Maybe one of them would be more suitable as a base set to work with.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage