Super cheap way to use Nintendo Classic pads on PC

Emu Talk Goes Here
fuctfuct
Next-Gen

Super cheap way to use Nintendo Classic pads on PC

Post by fuctfuct »

There are a few ways to do this. There is the Raphnet adapter, a Mayflash one with dual ports (That appears to have problems), the Japanese Elecom adapters.. all of these are kind of expensive, IMO, for what they do. Anyways, i was in BestBuy and saw this for $13 CAD..

.. The controller is mostly trash (Dpad sucks) but the adapter seems to work quite well . I am not set up to test lag but it "feels" responsive.

The USB adapter is only a few inches long (my Elecom is 3.3 feet).

Thought i'd share.
fuctfuct
Next-Gen

Re: Super cheap way to use Nintendo Classic pads on PC

Post by fuctfuct »

Another (not as) cheap way is the Elecom Wii Classic Gamepad Converter. Much cheaper than Raphnet. If you keep an eye out, you can snag them on eBay cheap. I think I payed $15 CAD shipped for the last one I bought from Japan. And unlike Raphnet they are always in stock! :P

I kinda forgot about it until I saw it was recently lag tested on MiSTer.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... 1526639510

Not %100 sure how that number translates to PC, but it's been great feeling to me. I can notice lag with the Xbox one controller on PC (wired). This feels much faster.

*shrugs* nobody cares but I still share! :D :D

<EDIT> I'm retracting my statement on noticing lag on Xbox One controller. Must have been something else going on when I tried. Used it a bunch today and it seems okay. Other than I hate the feeling of its buttons :)
Last edited by fuctfuct on Sun Dec 27, 2020 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

I wouldn't say no one cares. This thread has nearly 19,000 views! Since the invention of the like and thumbs up button, a lot of people are now incapable of POSTING a thanks or a like comment.

Anyway, thanks for sharing this info!
fuctfuct
Next-Gen

Post by fuctfuct »

NP, haha :)
fuctfuct
Next-Gen

Post by fuctfuct »

I'm retracting my statement on noticing lag on Xbox One controller. Must have been something else going on when I tried. Used it a bunch today and it seems okay. Other than I hate the feeling of its buttons :)