The Vita is now officially dead

Gaming on the Playstation and Xbox Platforms
Raging Justice
Next-Gen

The Vita is now officially dead

Post by Raging Justice »

Rest in peace

https://www.psu.com/news/sony-officiall ... mes-today/

I guess there's no excuse not to hack one and go to town with home brew and emulation now for anyone who hasn't already. I've heard that Sony stopped banning people for this sort of thing ages ago as they just don't care about the Vita anymore. I don't think the Vita's potential was ever fully explored sadly. It's library mostly consisted of port after port after port, just about every game that came out could be played on PS3 or PS4

Interestingly, there are rumors floating around on some game sites that Sony is actually working on a new PSP. I'm not sure where that information is coming from. I really thought Sony was moving on from handhelds
Gucci
64-bit

Re: The Vita is now officially dead

Post by Gucci »

Back when they announced the closure of the PSN store for the Vita (which they retracted), I went hog wild with buying games on the service. I basically have my 64GB, 32GB, and 8GB cards all filled up. I backed everything up to my PC as well.

The issues with Vita now is the cost of those memory cards are even more insane, hardware costs are increasing, and physical carts are also increasing in price.
I own too many hoodies jackets hoodies and DS games and I’m not ashamed!
lwcook
128-bit

Post by lwcook »

Gucci wrote:Back when they announced the closure of the PSN store for the Vita (which they retracted), I went hog wild with buying games on the service. I basically have my 64GB, 32GB, and 8GB cards all filled up. I backed everything up to my PC as well.

The issues with Vita now is the cost of those memory cards are even more insane, hardware costs are increasing, and physical carts are also increasing in price.

Hack it, then get a sd2vita adapter and a large micro SD card - solves the storage problem.
sevengraff

Post by sevengraff »

What's the go-to spot to get a used Vita in good quality? eBay or something else?
marurun

Post by marurun »

Check your local Facebook Marketplace if you have a Facebook account.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Gucci
64-bit

Post by Gucci »

I have a Vita TV that I wanted to hack for awhile now. I should get on that.

The only thing that bothered me about the VTV was that the output resolution is garbage — 720p or 1080i. 720p on a 4K TV is not great.

I will have to get one of those expandable Vita cards.
I own too many hoodies jackets hoodies and DS games and I’m not ashamed!