Gaming on the Playstation and Xbox Platforms
fuctfuct
Next-Gen

Are the Jasper 360 versions actually more reliable?

by fuctfuct Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:09 pm

Most people would automatically say the slim is better. I've been googling around and see a lot of people saying both the Jasper revisions are actually the best 360s ever made. I can't find anything concrete.

I've never owned a Jasper. Are they any quieter than the older fats? All the fats I've owned have been really loud. I even put a Tailismoon "whisper" fan in one and it was still very loud, hehe.

Asking cause I found a really nice black elite Jasper v2 for cheap.
Melek-Ric
32-bit

Re: Are the Jasper 360 versions actually more reliable?

by Melek-Ric Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:10 am

The Jasper 360's are the best OG models, being the last made before the Slim. I've had mine for 10 years, it's been rock solid. 3 years ago I opened it up to clean out the dust and debris since I'd been using it a lot for 7 years. Turned out there wasn't hardly anything for me to do. It was pretty darn clean on the inside.

The Jasper is still loud. However the fan is not that loud compared to other consoles; The loudest part of the 360 is actually the DVD drive when the disc is spinning. If you install your games to the hard drive, flash drive, it'll quiet down the console a fair amount.

All that said, the Slim is a better model overall, but buying a Jasper is still a good purchase.
"Challenging my unit was both foolish and reckless! You are nothing more than my prey... one that is soon to be retired!"
fuctfuct
Next-Gen

Re: Are the Jasper 360 versions actually more reliable?

by fuctfuct Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:53 pm

If it's still loud I aint buying it. My Falcon that died a little while back was loud as kcuf, even with the "whisper" fans in it.

I've been installing games to the HDD since it was an option to do so. Great way to test used games too.
Return to Sony and Microsoft