Gaming on the Playstation and Xbox Platforms
bmoc
Next-Gen

Microsoft acquires Bethesda

by bmoc Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:17 am

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2020/09/21/ ... ox-family/

I was definitely not expecting to read that this morning. This is a huge feather in Xbox's cap. What are your thoughts on this acquisition?
Last edited by bmoc on Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sload Soap
Next-Gen

Re: Microsoft acquires Bethesda

by Sload Soap Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:00 am

Some crazy money right there. Not sure what to make of it really other than I guess if any further Fallout/Elder Scrolls games are xbox/pc only that is quite the feather in the cap. Also means Obsidian and Fallout are under the same roof again.

7.5 billion though. Could get nearly two Star Wars's for that.
stickem
Next-Gen

by stickem Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:08 pm

From what I read the games wont be exclusive to xbox.
MrPopo

by MrPopo Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:37 pm

stickem wrote:From what I read the games wont be exclusive to xbox.

The actual quote is that all games past the existing ones that already have any commitments signed, they will look at each game on a case-by-case basis as to whether they will come to the PS5/Switch. Microsoft has fully embraced the strategy of Xbox and PC exclusive for their exclusives.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Forlorn Drifter
Next-Gen

by Forlorn Drifter Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:40 pm

Sload Soap wrote:Some crazy money right there. Not sure what to make of it really other than I guess if any further Fallout/Elder Scrolls games are xbox/pc only that is quite the feather in the cap. Also means Obsidian and Fallout are under the same roof again.

7.5 billion though. Could get nearly two Star Wars's for that.

Considering how many of the Xbox big wigs used Fallout avatars and profile pics around the announcement, I’m seriously curious if getting Obsidian/Inxile back with Fallout was a motivation here. I know my fingers are crossed, New Vegas is arguably my favorite game.
ninjainspandex wrote:Maybe I'm just a pervert

PSN: Green-Whiskey
Owned Consoles: GameCube, N64, PS3, PS4, GBASP
RCBH928
Next-Gen

by RCBH928 Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:40 am

Microsoft seems to be investing in the gaming industry not as a platform manufacturer only as the numbers are quite crazy, Fortnite is making a ton of money by being free and selling digital accessories or whatever. If Microsoft is successful to gain 40M subscribers for their gamepass business at $10/M ($4B yearly) $7.5 B sounds reasonable. Elder Scrolls, Fallouts, Dooms, Quakes, future releases, and others permanently exclusively in the library will definitely gain you some subscribers.
Return to Sony and Microsoft