Gaming on the Playstation and Xbox Platforms
opa
128-bit

Does the PSP av cable output game video?

by opa Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:01 am

I have a cheap composite capture device. I noticed that the PSP has a composite out cable. Does it output game video? I know there's a component cable with better visual quality but my capture device doesn't have that input. Anyone tried psp video out?
Thanks guys.

Edit: so I've done some reading. I have a 2000 model. Apparently it outputs gameplay with component cables but not composite. However, I've also read that CFW allows you to use composite cables but I'm not sure.
Anapan
Next-Gen

Re: Does the PSP av cable output game video?

by Anapan Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:59 am

I haven't been following the psp homebrew scene, for many years now, but the last time I tried that homebrew video output plugin, it was laggy and choppy. It seemed to use a lot of CPU power and I found it useless for gaming. I can't say if it's been improved since.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
opa
128-bit

Re: Does the PSP av cable output game video?

by opa Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:21 am

Thank you for the reply.

Well I highly doubt they've improved it. The Wii and PSP scene are practically dead at this point (from what I've seen, anyway).

I did locate a plugin called remotejoylite that supposedly outputs video through the USB port but I'll have to look more into it.

Edit: I would just use ppsspp and capture from that but it just flat out does not like some games or messes up text.
Return to Sony and Microsoft