Gaming on the Playstation and Xbox Platforms
nightrnr
Next-Gen

Re: Mega Man X Collection (PS2) Questions

by nightrnr Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:35 pm

Well, it's still pretty much just the NES game, but with enhanced redbook audio.

Still, gets you pumped up to play.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/pcedev.wor ... -1-01/amp/

If a similar treatment happens for MM2, I'll dowload that too.

Anyway, I guess the PC-engine has a processor that is semi-backward compatible with NES.
...just another lost soul...
Ziggy587

by Ziggy587 Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:05 pm

Oh, I assumed it would be a HuCard game... It's a CD game!
I'm parting with some duplicate Blu-Ray and DVD movies. Check out this thread if interested.
Anapan
Next-Gen

by Anapan Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:04 am

Asked my friend who has a fully-modded PC Engine about the redbook MM1 port and he said he's replaced the audio with Rushjet1's rendition. Wish I could've stuck around last time I was there to drop off hardware.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Jagosaurus
Next-Gen

by Jagosaurus Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:55 am

You guys may have already covered this, but I heard on podcast recently one of the SNES MMX games has a patch out that improves performance & slowdown. Would need to run on a flash cart.

So I booted up MMAC last night on OGX. It's 480p and looks REALLY nice over component. I may have just found my preferred way to play those. Need to invest in a controller adapter although I dont dislike that d pad as much as most.

My Retro Achievements Profile | My Console Mods
"Victory and honor do not grow from timid seeds" -Arbiter, Halo 5
Ziggy587

by Ziggy587 Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:01 pm

Mega Man X on the SNES has a patch so it can utilize the SA1 co-processor and fixes slowdown issues. It also has some other improvements, the biggest of them being game saving functionality. Works on the Sd2snes / FX Pak since it now supports SA1.

https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/5145/

There's also a really cool patch for MMX3 on the SNES called Zero Project. The big attractions with this patch is that it lets you play as Zero, it has game save files, and it's optimized to slightly improve slowdown. This is also playable on the Sd2snes / FX Pak since it supports the Cx4 enhancement chip.

https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/4086/
I'm parting with some duplicate Blu-Ray and DVD movies. Check out this thread if interested.
Return to Sony and Microsoft