Playstation Vita thread

Gaming on the Playstation and Xbox Platforms
POOPIESkillz
8-bit

Re: Playstation Vita thread

Post by POOPIESkillz »

Been a while since anyone posted to this thread. Does anyone still play their Vita? I've been playing mine every night lately. I think the Vita could've dominated the 3DS if Sony actually tried and gave it the support it deserved. I've been using it for remote play on my PS4 in bed lately.
I didn't know what to put for my signature, so I got you this box.
opa
128-bit

Post by opa »

I finally own a physical vita game again (Soul Sacrifice). It's crazy how pricey a lot of vita releases are. Like over $30 minimum for a third-rate, softcore pr0n dungeon-crawler. I'd never buy that crap any way but I'm just surprised they have any value.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

Low print runs + Vita collectors who are literally buying any and every game to have a full set.

But yeah, the generic JRPGs are not worth the asking price. Most ended up on Steam anyway. 8)
CFFJR
Next-Gen

Post by CFFJR »

Kind of funny to see this thread bumped up, just in time for me to come looking for it. Today I picked up my Vita for the first time in a couple of years. Of course, after charging and updating it (never bothered getting it online before), what was the first thing I did?

Downloaded Black Rock Shooter. A PSP game. :lol:

Sadly the Vita just never excited me much, especially compared to its predecessor. Mostly because of ports I'd rather play elsewhere, or the sort of rpgs you two were just discussing.

Beautiful screen though.
GameSack wrote:That's right, only Sega had the skill to make a proper Nintendo game.
opa
128-bit

Post by opa »

You mean to tell me you didn't rush to download Touch Me, Senpai: Waifu Battle Dungeon 2?!?!
CFFJR
Next-Gen

Post by CFFJR »

It seemed like a good idea at the time! But now I fear I'm missing out...
GameSack wrote:That's right, only Sega had the skill to make a proper Nintendo game.
PartridgeSenpai
Next-Gen

Post by PartridgeSenpai »

CFFJR wrote:Kind of funny to see this thread bumped up, just in time for me to come looking for it. Today I picked up my Vita for the first time in a couple of years. Of course, after charging and updating it (never bothered getting it online before), what was the first thing I did?

Downloaded Black Rock Shooter. A PSP game. :lol:

Sadly the Vita just never excited me much, especially compared to its predecessor. Mostly because of ports I'd rather play elsewhere, or the sort of rpgs you two were just discussing.

Beautiful screen though.

That's kinda the frustrating thing for me. I know it'd be impossible (and unwanted, as UMDs suck) to have any kind of backwards compatible stuff between the two systems outside of digital stuff, but I really mostly like my Vita for digital stuff. I've used it and my PSTV about as much for digitally bought PSP games as I have for any Vita-made games.

The PSP didn't have a library nearly the size of the PS2, but it had such a wide variety of games, from back before every game was on every console, that there's so much interesting software on the thing. I just don't feel that way with the Vita. Yet the Vita is more or less the best piece of hardware Sony has ever made, and the PSP has always felt terrifyingly fragile to hold in my hands XP
I identify everyone via avatar, so if you change your avatar, I genuinely might completely forget who you are. -- Me
retrosportsgamer
Next-Gen

Post by retrosportsgamer »

Man I must have 3-4 memory cards for mine still. One had PSone classics, one PSP full game downloads. Lot of sales. It’s been years since I charged and updated it.