Dark Souls Hype Thread of Preparing To Die!

Gaming on the Playstation and Xbox Platforms
MrHealthy
Next-Gen

Dark Souls Hype Thread of Preparing To Die!

Post by MrHealthy »

Platforms - Xbox 360, Playstation 3
Release Dates - NA: October 4th 2011
- EU: October 7th 2011
- JP: September 15th 2011
Offical Site - http://preparetodie.com/

Dark Souls is an upcoming action RPG developed by From Software and published by Namco Bandai. Its set to release October this year for both Xbox 360 and PS3. Dark souls is the spiritual successor to the critically aclaimed and surprise hit, Demon's Souls, a PS3 exclusive.

Demon's Souls has earned its reputation as one of the hardest games in recent years, possibly the entire generation. And of course Dark Souls is trying to be even harder. While it may be hard, and you will die, its never (or at least very rarely) unfair. If you die its because you messed up, not because you couldn't stop it from happening. You have to learn from your mistakes, figure out what combat stragies work best on which enemies and above all you need to be patient and take your time. This is not going to be a game that you can just bum rush your way through.

I wouldn't want it any other way. Dark Souls is going to be fantastic. Just take a look at the trailers below. Its bigger, meaner and better then everything in Demon's Souls. They are improving upon everything, from refine combat even more, to make the world open for exporlation (Demon's Souls had a hub), to revamping the unique take on multiplayer competition and co-operation.

Trailers

Debut Trailer

Traps and Tribulations Gameplay Trailer

Story Trailer (No youtube link yet)

Collectors Edition

North American and Europe

The above is the North American and Europe Collectors edition. What is extremely special about this edition is that its costs not additional money. To get this edition you simply have to pre-order the regular edition, and you will be upgraded free of charge. This is not a retailer exclusive promo, but rather a Namco Bandai one and will be avaible for both consoles. Should be able to pre-order it anywhere for it.

Links to online pre-orders:

USA
Amazon.com
GameFly
Wal-Mart
Gamestop

Canada
Amazon.ca
Gamestop / EB Games

Europe
Amazon.co.uk
HMV
Game
Play

Japanese

I have no details on this edition. But this is what the Japanese Collectors looks like.

Media

If these gifs are causing problems for anyone I will link them instead of displaying them.

Im so hyped for this game. Have my pre-order on amazon. I have been playing nothing but Demon's Souls for weeks in anticipation.
Last edited by MrHealthy on Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Re: Dark Souls Hype Thread of Preparing To Die!

Post by dsheinem »

thanks for the reminder! Pre-ordered!

I never did finish Demon's Souls. I suppose I should get on that before this game comes out...
MrHealthy
Next-Gen

Post by MrHealthy »

Its definitely worth finishing if you enjoyed it. Im currently working on the platinum trophy myself. Its going quite well.
brunoafh
Next-Gen

Post by brunoafh »

I made a Dark Souls thread... oh well.
MrHealthy
Next-Gen

Post by MrHealthy »

:(

I could not find one, Im sorry.
brunoafh
Next-Gen

Post by brunoafh »

Nah I don't really care. The more Dark Souls the better.

What trophies do you need for the plat MrHealthy?
dunpeal2064
Next-Gen

Post by dunpeal2064 »

A couple questions. Is the collectors edition for both consoles? Also, what stores are doing the free upgrade?
brunoafh
Next-Gen

Post by brunoafh »

Every retailer is doing the free upgrade. It's a Namco Bandai thing, not a retailer-incentive thing. I would imagine that the 360 is getting the collector's edition too. Also since this isn't in the OP:

The game releases on October 4th in North America and October 7th in Europe.
http://www.shoptonews.net/2011/06/03/na ... ease-date/

The Japanese version will be released about a month earlier and will look like this:
MrHealthy
Next-Gen

Post by MrHealthy »

I'm on NG+ right now in Demon's Souls.

Rogue's Trophy - I need 3 more rings for this, Friends, Foes and Ring of Devout Prayer. NG++ for them.
Saint's Trophy - 3 mircales left, Banish, God's Warth and Resurrection. Will get on NG+++.
Soldier's Trophy - 5 unique weapons left. Will get on NG++. Blueblood Sword, Insanity Catalyst, Large Sword of Searching, Lava Bow and Needle of Eternal Agony.
Moonlight's Trophy - I have all the Moonlight stone, I just need some more sharp stone chunks to get some Claws +6 so I can upgrade. Will do on NG++.
Shade Master's Trophy - Need 3 chunks of Couldstone, farming for them now in 4-3.
Trophy of Hardness - Need 9 chunks of Hardstone and some Iron Knuckles, will probably get in NG++ as its easier to get the chuncks in a new game then it is to farm.

I only have 1-4 left to beat but I've been holding off so I can farm souls to level up. So 1 and a half more play throughs for plat. Shouldn't be to hard.

Also, I'll update the OP brunoafh. I hadn't seen that.
brunoafh
Next-Gen

Post by brunoafh »

Heh, you got the Bladestone trophy? I had to farm for it for so long. I did end up getting the plat though. Which version of the game do you have? I might be able to help you out if you want.