Gaming on the Playstation and Xbox Platforms
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Re: Dark Souls Hype Thread of Preparing To Die!

by Xeogred Sun Jul 10, 2016 11:09 am

Gwyndolin was a really cool fight, one where I changed up my armor for once. I used the Painted World white robe set since it was really light and has extremely high magic absorption.
Stark
Next-Gen

by Stark Mon Jul 11, 2016 4:27 pm

Xeogred wrote:Gwyndolin was a really cool fight, one where I changed up my armor for once. I used the Painted World white robe set since it was really light and has extremely high magic absorption.

Got Gwyndolin, was interesting trying to track him down that hallway, only to get a hit or two in towards the end. Probably dead simple with a magic user.

Found Kalameet, he has like infinite health it seems like, might end up skipping it. :/
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
Stark
Next-Gen

by Stark Tue Jul 12, 2016 12:50 pm

Ok the big bad isn't down yet, but I feel like the hardest part of this fight is the environment. He has stupid amounts of endurance, but I can dodge most of them and snipe at him every once in a while and now have a couple of times gotten him below 50% without taking a hit. Then I dodge roll into a column and he stunlocks me and then I'm usually done for. I'll probably get him in 2 or 3 more tries, just got to avoid those stalagmites.
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
Stark
Next-Gen

by Stark Tue Jul 12, 2016 4:24 pm

Woo! I did it! What's funny on the time I did it, I thought I'd try my hand at parrying, I actually pulled it off and then forgot to hit RB to riposte, gah! I abandoned it after that :lol:

Man what a great game. More thoughts to come in the Games Beaten thread.
Gunstar Green
Next-Gen

by Gunstar Green Tue Jul 12, 2016 7:26 pm

Stark wrote:
Xeogred wrote:Gwyndolin was a really cool fight, one where I changed up my armor for once. I used the Painted World white robe set since it was really light and has extremely high magic absorption.

Got Gwyndolin, was interesting trying to track him down that hallway, only to get a hit or two in towards the end. Probably dead simple with a magic user.

Found Kalameet, he has like infinite health it seems like, might end up skipping it. :/

Did you ground him or were you trying to fight him in the air? because if it's the latter he's nearly impossible (though he is technically killable that way). You have to do something particular before you can fight him for real.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

by Xeogred Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:26 pm

Congrats Stark! Did you skip Kalameet? haha since it sounds like you're talking about Gwyn above there. I could not for the life of me get the parrying down with him. So I cheated with some fat armor.

Looking forward to your thoughts. What other Souls games have you played again? I love how they are all pretty different and have their own flavor, it would be really hard for me to rank them... but overall I think Demon's and Dark are still probably the best. 2 is amazingly fun and the slack it gets makes me sad, 3 is basically perfection with the best hub since Demon's but I do think Dark 1 has a heavier intense atmosphere to it, and Bloodborne is an awesome Gothic nightmare. Definitely some of my favorite games ever.
Stark
Next-Gen

by Stark Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:29 pm

Xeogred wrote:Congrats Stark! Did you skip Kalameet? haha since it sounds like you're talking about Gwyn above there. I could not for the life of me get the parrying down with him. So I cheated with some fat armor.

Looking forward to your thoughts. What other Souls games have you played again? I love how they are all pretty different and have their own flavor, it would be really hard for me to rank them... but overall I think Demon's and Dark are still probably the best. 2 is amazingly fun and the slack it gets makes me sad, 3 is basically perfection with the best hub since Demon's but I do think Dark 1 has a heavier intense atmosphere to it, and Bloodborne is an awesome Gothic nightmare. Definitely some of my favorite games ever.
Yeah, I did end up skipping Kalameet and yeah I did ground him @GG, but I didn't feel like he was that interesting to fight and was just tough due to health and high resistance to everything. So, maybe someday.

Yeah I did parry Gwyn, it was super hard to time so I ended up abandoning the strat.

To answer your question about what Souls games I have played, well I dabbled with DeS and DaS at launch, but didn't actually beat one until Dark Souls 2, which I loved. So now I've beaten all the Dark Souls games and Bloodborne and as you saw in the Demon's Souls thread I'm tackling that next!
Omerta
Next-Gen

by Omerta Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:18 pm

http://mammothgamers.com/2017/04/dark-souls-3-coming-nintendo-switch/

I've been able to sniff out the multiple internet hoaxes thrown my way today - except for this one. It's been speculated upon for months and looked extremely legit until it started throwing in all kinds of extra crap about motion controls and mixing in DS2 features.

Rotten bastards.
"Farewell, good hunter.
May you find your worth
in the waking world."
chupon
Next-Gen

by chupon Sun Aug 22, 2021 6:48 pm

Playing dark souls remastered. And it is so good. Just drank a bottle of wine and have hit a wall. I can’t accomplish anything else in this game today.

Where are my Dark souls brothers and sisters ?
Buy / Sell / Trade List: viewtopic.php?t=17958
Last updated: 11-10-16

PS3 ID: dakkenblackblade 360 ID: dakkenblackblad
opa
128-bit

by opa Tue Aug 24, 2021 11:38 am

chupon wrote:Playing dark souls remastered. And it is so good. Just drank a bottle of wine and have hit a wall. I can’t accomplish anything else in this game today.

Where are my Dark souls brothers and sisters ?

What version are you playing?
Return to Sony and Microsoft